Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my front outer tie rods today. Took about an hour and a half with air tools and helper hands.

I had a pedal pulsation when stopping from speed on the Hwy, it seems much better (IE gone, but I only got up to 70) and was fiarly painless. My Tie Rods didn't have any vertical motion but were easy to move by hand (worn).

I ordered my rod ends from Rock auto, got them overnight (with regular fedex ground) and it was easy to order from them. I got the MOOG (part number MOG ES3571) rod ends, and they indeed have a zirc fitting on the bottom unlike the stockers.

Bottom line is, check your ends. If they are very easy to wiggle back and fourth - then they're shot. Good news is that it is not even a saturday afternoon job, more like a saturday mid-morning job.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Yeah I had mine replaced in May and they helped out alot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you have pictures to post? I have the same problem when breaking at speeds above 60mph but don't know what I need to replace to fix this.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I CAN take a picture of the tie rods if you need me to, but just follow this video (nut sizes are different) and it's really quite easy.
YouTube - Outer Tie Rod End Replacement[/URL]

(Tie rod is in the same spot on a charger - just crawl under it and if it's real easy to twist foreword/back then it's worn, and if it moves vertically, or in-and-out at ALL then replace it NOW).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts