Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys a few years ago back in my high school days I decided it would be a great idea to chop off my rear resonators on my 2014 SE. For a while I thought it sounded really cool, however, as time passed I have begun to realize that the drone is far more that I feel comfortable with having. So, I am thinking of buying a Dodge Charger 2011-2014 RT Exhaust and possible drilling that on and maybe removing the Mid Muffler to keep a similar sound to what I have but without the drone. Will a 2011-2014 RT exhaust fit my 2014 SE?

Mod List:

Air Silencer Removal
K&N CAI
Ported Throttle Body
Ported Intake Manifold
Overkill 93 Tune
Rear Resonator Removal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try calling a company like borla and asking if their RT exhaust would fit your car. The RT piping is a larger diameter so you would have to adapt it to your smaller downpipes. Larger often means deeper tone... but might not control the v6 as well. Aside from being deeper, it could also sound more fart-canny, more buzzy, and/or more raspy.
Have you heard this setup on a 3.6 pentastar?
Is there a reason you want to go with an RT exhaust? Rather than a muffler swap or catback that’s been proven to sound good on the 3.6?
Just wondering because I’ve done a lot of experimenting with the 3.6 exhaust and it’s not easy making them sound good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try calling a company like borla and asking if their RT exhaust would fit your car. The RT piping is a larger diameter so you would have to adapt it to your smaller downpipes. Larger often means deeper tone... but might not control the v6 as well. Aside from being deeper, it could also sound more fart-canny, more buzzy, and/or more raspy.
Have you heard this setup on a 3.6 pentastar?
Is there a reason you want to go with an RT exhaust? Rather than a muffler swap or catback that’s been proven to sound good on the 3.6?
Just wondering because I’ve done a lot of experimenting with the 3.6 exhaust and it’s not easy making them sound good.
Im looking to go with an RT exhaust because I wont be able to simply throw my resonators back onto the existing setup and the RT exhausts are the only ones i've found on craigslist. Ill ask Borla or maybe call someone at FCA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts