Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since some douchebag hit my fascia and took off like a *****, now I am going to try to use rubbing compound for the first time. I know I need to wash the effected area well, use RC and then what do I do after that? Polish compound or just some wax???? Please help.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I always reapply wax to an area after hitting it with the rubbing compound bro.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Can you post up some pics of the damage the butthead did.... I believe youd get more of a responce on it... :D I have done several different thing to my ride when buttheads have hit me .. door dinged me.. etc

Yo

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Clean the area really good. Then use a polishing or rubbing compound. I have 4 different grades of polishing compound - from very fine to more aggressive. I always start with the finest polishing compound to see how it works after 2 -3 applications.

If I still need more polishing then go the next highest polish.

After polishing I use a pre was cleaner that removes any was and any residue polish stuff.

Then clay it down. Then either apply paint sealer or wax.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I suggest..clean the area with some dawn and water, dry, then spritz down with a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. At this point you'll have no wax or anything on the paint. I'd personally feel the area if it feels rough I'd clay the area as well. Then buff with your rubbing compound. No matter which compound you use you'll need to then use a polish to buff out the micro scratches caused by the compound. After the polish put a good coat of wax on it..assuming you got the paint transfer off. Don't polish/wax until you're satisfied with the correction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts