Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of something good to use on the dash of the 11's. The dash is so ruff that microfibers don't wanna run across it. What are you guys using?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I've used armor all and a micro fiber but mine is so new it's just been touch ups. and after reading all the bad comments on armor all, I think I am going to pick up some Turtle Wax Ice next time I am at the store. The Microfiber worked, but it wasn't great.

If someone else posts something better, I'll certainly give it a try!

Jeff

·
Registered
533 Posts
In these days of textured dashboards i never use anything on mine...i have one of those miniature dashboard california dusters that i use to get rid of the dust and if it needs it i use a damp rag...most of those products for interior cleaning and protecting attract more dust and dirt than they are worth...:shakehead:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Put some more pressure on that towel, it's your best bet. That's what I use, and everything else (like wipes or something) is just going to tear up. You need to also spray some more detailer to make it smoother to wipe.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Get a microfiber towel with thick pile. Oddly, cheap-o Walmart towels worked great for me. Microtex item #R-281023. One side has a thick pile, and the other side is short. Find a thin spray cleaner (I use Armor All "Air Freshening" Protectant), and put a couple of sprays onto the thick pile side of the microfiber towel and wipe down the textured surfaces of the car. Don't spray the dash directly or you'll likely get some spots after it dries. If you use a cleaner that is too thick, it's like "buttering a waffle" as I like to call it. All the cleaner goops off in the cracks and refuses to be spread around. For SERIOUS cleaning, like food/drink stains, I'd recommend picking up a Wager or McCulloch steamer for around $100 at Home Depot. Hit it with steam (no cleaner) and wipe with a microfiber cloth. Once the spots are gone (should only take a few seconds with the steamer), then you can wipe it down with a protectant. You can use the steamer on other things around the house as well like tile/tubs/sinks. Or even carpet/cloth in the car since it doesn't introduce as much water into the fibers as a shampooer or sprayer.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Someone recommended Turtle Wax Ice. I used it just this last time to clean my dash and it worked really well with a thicker microfiber. Plus, you can use it throughout your car.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I am not fond of almost anything with the Armorall label. The Turtle Wax Ice is an awesome product for just about everything on the vehicle. I use it as a detailing spray, and it really helps repel water on the windows. Great stuff!

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
I use Meguiar's natural shine as it is not a high gloss w/ micro towel.

·
Registered
961 Posts
^^ I use meguiar's as well and it works for me. And I believe if you use armor all you void any kinds of interior warranties not 100% on it though. I was told that it hardens plastic and makes it crack over time

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
For the record, I'm not at all married to the ArmorAll. It just happened to be the first cleaner I tried that worked. No dryness or cracking issues on my always-parked-outside 2011 dash yet, but I don't go crazy hitting it with the spray unless it needs it. So I've had to use it MAYBE 5 times thus far. I'll check out the Turtle Wax Ice next time I need to give it a good cleaning.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like the Turtle Wax Ice Protectant for the interior on these cars. Fold your microfiber four ways and use the polishing side of the rag only. Spray the rag first and get it nice and damp with the protectant but not so wet that it soaks through to the opposite side. Wipe it on carefully and with even pressure but don't push so hard that you're putting down excess protectant in any one given spot. After you've finished whatever panel, dash section, or whatever you're working on, turn your rag over to the dry side and wipe off the excess protectant. That will leave a nice matte finish on your dash and you shouldn't have any more problems. Make sure to spray the protectant on the rag every so often to keep it fresh but don't overdo it. For large areas like the top of the dash you can spray a few spots on the actual dash and use the microfiber to spread it around, just again make sure you're not overdoing it and be careful because this stuff tends to spatter a lot and will get on your windows.

Turtle Wax Protectant is very nice, leaves a matte finish, and has a pleasant "new car" type of smell to it. I'm also partial to Mother's Protectant which also leaves a matte finish and has a Cherry smell to it. There are many good products out there, it's a matter of finding out which ones work best for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts