Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the way home. He didnt have any text around the Bee so I didnt consider it upbadged and instead took it as somebody that just loves his Mopar. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
That is a Bee on it though?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

yep. When you put it that way, I guess it's no different than us installing the Super Bee emblem on our cars except that we all know they didnt make a Nitro Bee.

However, I'll add to the topic a pic of a car I saw yesterday.... sorry for the blur, I wasnt expecting to want to break out the camera and only had sec to get the picture.

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
Yes it is a Bee. A little history here. In the late 60's early 70's Dodge had a team of cars including the Charger R/T, Coronet R/T, Dart GTS and the SuperBee. They were all part of what was known as the 'Scat Pack'. Here are the logos.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always thought the Bee used in the promo material was always from a different perspective than the side view used on the Super Bee? I've got one ad on the wall where he's coming right at you.

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
I always thought the Bee used in the promo material was always from a different perspective than the side view used on the Super Bee? I've got one ad on the wall where he's coming right at you.

This is true. I just don't have an example to post at this time, Good info bro :TU:

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
Heck, I really don't know. Seems like a good reason to go look at some Mopar books though :rolleyes:

Maybe reintroduce the 'Scat Pack' :TU: BTW in 1970 the Challanger R/T was added to the pack :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Here some examples of the 'Scat Pack' logos I found:

Reactions: mayer69XS29L
1 - 10 of 10 Posts