Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,710 Posts
It would not be rust on the bumper, almost looks like it could have been brake fluid or a very poor rear end repair paint wise.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yap I get that, there is rust in other areas and you can see some bubbling in this pic but this is just the main problem area I'm not sure what to do with cauwe I'm not sure what it is really but a chemical reaction seems to be plausible for sure only explanation really, I'm just not sure what to do now, does anyone have any ideas on how to stop it from getting bigger or worse cause that's what it seems to be doing gradually

· Registered
443 Posts
wifey backed into a concrete planter [pretty geraniums] and gouged that piece badly. It is easy to remove and I filled and painted it. I found a new Mopar color matched replacement somewhere for @ $700. LLot cheaper to take it off and repaint off the car if that is the only area involved.

· Registered
443 Posts
wifey backed into a concrete planter [pretty geraniums] and gouged that piece badly. It is easy to remove and I filled and painted it. I found a new Mopar color matched replacement somewhere[ for @ $ 700. Cheaper to repaint off the car if that is the only area involved. After that I installed a Mopar backup cam...

· Registered
88 Posts
wifey backed into a concrete planter [pretty geraniums] and gouged that piece badly. It is easy to remove and I filled and painted it. I found a new Mopar color matched replacement somewhere for @ $700. LLot cheaper to take it off and repaint off the car if that is the only area involved.
Didn't she hear the proximity alarm going off in the rear camera view, Mr. H. ?

· Registered
72 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the bumper/plastic fascia just reflecting the damage on the decklid? And the stain on the fascia is just from the rusty water dripping down from the decklid? So the problem is really mostly confined to the decklid? You have to strip the paint, remove the cancer on the decklid and replace the damaged decklid sheetmetal and repaint. I think living in Minnesota, this is going to be an ongoing problem with this car and every other car that is driven in the winter there.

· Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 126953
Help, judt got this cat less than a month ago and all the sudden this is happening, that discoloration is more that distorted rainbow color in person
View attachment 126953
Help, judt got this cat less than a month ago and all the sudden this is happening, that discoloration is more that distorted rainbow color in person
I have a similar stain on my car. Probably from an attempted repair job on the rust. Those chemicals in the over-the-shelf rust fighters were probably misused by previous owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts