Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best options for a cold air intake? I'm thinking legmaker true CAI but what are some other ones that can compare?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hi Bo.

The Factory air intake is really good. It is well sealed and it pulls air from where the Legmaker air does.
I installed the Legmaker but was really concerned that rain and water from the road I experience here in SC would constantly bombard the filter element. I pulled it back out and planned to buy one of those outerwear filter bags but I don't think I will put it back in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bo.

The Factory air intake is really good. It is well sealed and it pulls air from where the Legmaker air does.
I installed the Legmaker but was really concerned that rain and water from the road I experience here in SC would constantly bombard the filter element. I pulled it back out and planned to buy one of those outerwear filter bags but I don't think I will put it back in
I'm in SC also and was worried about the same issue with water.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah it's a straight shot from the lower grill to the cone filter. And because you remove the brake duct the opening in the wheel well exposes the filter (which is inches away) to splash water from the front tire...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts