Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a 2020/2021 Scat Pack soon, and I am trying to gather some pros and cons of the regular body vs. the widebody. This car will be a daily driver in Massachusetts, so I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with the widebody or just 305 all-season tires in general during winter months. Are the 305s noticeably worse in the winter/snow compared to 245s or 275s? I've driven a RWD V6 charger for many years now, so I'm not expecting the 392 to be great in the snow either way.

And also, are there any other possible cons of the widebody vs. the regular body, such as increased maintenance/repair costs? I like the look of the WB, but I'm trying to decide if its worth the extra money when the car won't be raced, and there isn't much canyon driving around here.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
the WB won't cost any more to own outside of the tire cost, which won't be much more per tire...either way, my folks have owned property in NH for 65 years and the best thing you can do with a car like you're looking at in Mass is to get a beater for the winter months and store/garage the Dodge...the winters will not be kind to such a nice car as you well know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the WB won't cost any more to own outside of the tire cost, which won't be much more per tire...either way, my folks have owned property in NH for 65 years and the best thing you can do with a car like you're looking at in Mass is to get a beater for the winter months and store/garage the Dodge...the winters will not be kind to such a nice car as you well know...
Thanks for the info and the quick reply. In a perfect world, I'd like to store the Scat Pack during winter months, but I don't really have the extra space/money at the moment. And if I can only keep 1 car for now, I'd like it to be a Scat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking to purchase a 2020/2021 Scat Pack soon, and I am trying to gather some pros and cons of the regular body vs. the widebody. This car will be a daily driver in Massachusetts, so I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with the widebody or just 305 all-season tires in general during winter months. Are the 305s noticeably worse in the winter/snow compared to 245s or 275s? I've driven a RWD V6 charger for many years now, so I'm not expecting the 392 to be great in the snow either way.

And also, are there any other possible cons of the widebody vs. the regular body, such as increased maintenance/repair costs? I like the look of the WB, but I'm trying to decide if its worth the extra money when the car won't be raced, and there isn't much canyon driving around here.

Thanks for your help!
u know if u get police car that 2019 2018 they built much better, what scars me 40k for car that u total at 15mpr that fram can flex becuase no more then sheet mettel holding it togather,
and now price on service is well in short if u went to by the parts build the car u be in it 100 times what sold for, chargers are german made car , dont know if u all know this but all parts made in germany,
there nothing made in usa, do u want deal with busness that taken jobs out usa, at 40k no, these cars should have a 25mpr bumper and 45 mpr befor they bend but becuase they paid so many people off they got laws pass to alow them to makje them like crap , and have very short life, i want ask u if u seen one these cars for 25k would u by it, or would u ask the most imported quistion how was it driven,.
i seen 2017 was 40k but the person put 6k in over size brakes why do u need over size breakes unless u was going drive it hard , quistion is how can u total a new car, but happing more and more offten and quistion is and will go back to how they made, all the cars unless u understand chargers will have lifter probems do to oil, why did not dodge pump oil to top of the heads, or use steel gude insurts for the lifters, would solve all the probems but neather was done, easy way provent this from happing is put few oz of very light oil in it will tend stay on top easyer, these cars hate to idle so check idle time vr real mileage, u have car with 200k miles on it in idle time alone and have 30k road miles u think u getting grate deal or did u just get burn, if dodge wanted do right thing they could make these cars near emmission free, and yeat they wont even ask how, as i use to work a a refinery i discover much about gas, and all the lies, but that for another time, just ask do u want spend 50k on car made of nothing more then light sheet mettle and can be total under 15 mpr, i dont understand why supports dont go from front to rear bummper with shocks that can take the hit but wont damage the car as it would ack have foot travle space befor it stops but steel proteck the car from perment damage, i rather have 1970 car then new one, put fule injection in it u get near same gas mileage
but hay what i know i just use work for them who are screwing us over

·
Registered
897 Posts
305's will be DEATH in true winter driving; even if you get the best tires. You would want different wheels, along with 245 ice/snow tires. Secondly, unless you get the newest, 737 HP?, your aerodynamics are worse, which will kill mileage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
305's will be DEATH in true winter driving; even if you get the best tires. You would want different wheels, along with 245 ice/snow tires. Secondly, unless you get the newest, 737 HP?, your aerodynamics are worse, which will kill mileage.
not picking on you but if the aero is really worse as you say (I havent' researched drag coefficient numbers or related myself) my guess is if it actually affects fuel mileage it would probably be a tenth or two...these cars get shitty fuel mileage as it stands and no one is buying a modern hemi mopar for fuel mileage...but a higher horsepower engine will overcome this...??? doesn't make sense to me ...best thing this guy can do is get a beater ...winter will tear this car up underneath

·
Registered
897 Posts
Did you see that they had to add 30? HP to get the same top speed? When they went to the HC widebody, top speed dropped by over 10, to well under 200 (compared to 203 v 206?) with the old body style. Considering they need an extra 200 HP to add 20 MPH from ours, 10 MPH loss means a serious aero decrease. They do look better, but for the real world, I like the standard body.

·
Registered
373 Posts
get some steelies with 245 studded snows ..real snows, meebee M/T tires, and she will go like a raped ape in the snow...look dopey tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts