Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a question does anyone know if the 2018 Scat Pack Charger comes from the factory with a top speed already logged in the performance page on the instrument panel? I bought a 2018 Charger with 250 miles on it and saw that it had been up to 167mph at one time. Not sure if someone took it to the track during a test drive or is this a number that is set at the factory. if the vehicle was run this fast before the break in period anyone know how I can determine the date like maybe with a scan tool. trying to determine if this vehicle was abused before I bought it. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Rallye with Plus Package
1,843 Posts
While this is just a guess, I doubt that there would be a speed programmed into the vehicle at the factory. My guess is that someone drove it at that speed, or someone at the dealership entered the value using their starscan tool (assuming this is possible).

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,623 Posts
Welcome from AZ. I have read of Challenger owners reporting similar readings. I do not know what the outcome was.

Reactions: marcus carter

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,390 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While this is just a guess, I doubt that there would be a speed programmed into the vehicle at the factory. My guess is that someone drove it at that speed, or someone at the dealership entered the value using their starscan tool (assuming this is possible).
I think I may have bought a car that was abused early in life...…...I scan it with a scan tool and see if the date can be determined.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,552 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!

They do pull cars every now & again and do random dyno's so that could be it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts