Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ... some info first ...... 06 daytona CAI ... pipes .... custom I2 tune. stock gears .... ok .. got into it with a rustang last night had his ass from thehit. snatched second and BOOM ..... then nothing. i figured i would be putting in the getrag sooner than i was planing. costed off the road. no reverce drive .. nothing. i shut it off .. started it back up ... works fine shifts fine as it should. ... is there a safety thing in the trans to keep it from blowing up??? i have had a few 06-10 chargers but never had this happen before. is this normal??? thanks

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Behavior is normal. In order to prevent damage to the automatic transmission, the TCM control module switches to limp-home mode in the event of critical faults. A diagnostic trouble code (DTC) assigned to the fault & stored in memory. All solenoid and regulating valves are de-energized.
Some DTCs cause permanent Limp-In and others cause temporary Limp-In. Some DTCs may allow the transmission to resume normal operation (recover) if the detected problem goes away. If the detected problem goes away the transmission will resume normal operation after the ignition key is cycled Off/On.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bout had enuff of the trans thing .... she starts pulling a good number and it shuts down .. there has got to be a way to change the setting in the TCM to fix this in auto stick mode. if my i2 won't do it ... what will ???? .. any help here would be greatly liked ...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Over Rev is enough to cause the PCM to go into Limp Mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts