Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm trying to find a way to keep my car from throwing me out of my seat every time I turn.

Does anyone know of a good sway bar set up that can be used on a 2011 SE? I wouldn't mind keeping the ride height the same though due to all the speed bumps and steep driveways here in Albuquerque.

I just want to be able to turn crisply, without having to slow down drastically to turn. It's bad enough that everyone grabs a hold of something when my turn signal comes on, and I am not the kind of person who drives like an ass. Heck, all the Jeeps I've had and my fiancee's Wrangler can turn more crisply than my charger. It's like turning a boat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing with my SE, what I've found (but haven't put into practice yet) is that a front strut brace will do more with handling then would new sway bars. As our factory Chargers come equipped stock with sway bars, upgrading them would be nice, but supposedly we will see a lot more of a difference with a new strut bar: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-lxlc-st.htm

Once I save up the money I'll definitely try it out. It would make sense though, I had a Cadillac CTS with factory strut bar, it weighed about as much as our Chargers (+ or - ~100lbs) although it wasn't as big. That thing handled great. Gonna have to see what a new strut brace could do for handling.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm looking to add eibach sway bars. I don't know if the blacktop performance suspension already has upgraded sway bars. I also read somewhere that changing just the sway bars will mess up stock suspension overtime but I don't if true. Can anyone clarify?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Interesting, Ive never heard of that. Are you thinking of lowering the car? Because lowering the car with just lowering coils can mess up the suspension. You have to add a few other parts in order to balance the car after lowering. But sway bars seem pretty independent, perhaps someone more knowledgable about suspension can chime in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts