Dodge Charger Forum banner

Searching for K&N Filter

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Icecold7769 
#1 ·
https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-6-4L-Performance-Induction-System/dp/B00N4Z6ZCK

Part # 77070043AC

As we all know the Daytonas come with the Mopar performance intake. Now I don't doubt Mopar's ingenuity but I've always used K&N filters for my cars. I've been trying to find a K&N filter that fits the Mopar's Performance cai but no luck all, sucks that the filter is not actually circular it's a weird shape.

Even when I look for the exact make and model they only sell the stock filter and a completely different k&n cai.

I've seen a couple videos online and engine bay pictures that have them so I know they're out there just need some help finding them.

#2 ·
Save your $$. I've modded many cars and trucks. With intakes from too many brands to name. The factory intake is set up pretty well to get cool air. If you got the Daytona that comes with the Mopar set up leave it alone.. if not, swap out the factory filter for a high flow.. k&n,aem, etc. and leaveit alone. Open air intakes do 1 thing well.. sound good.. that's about it. Just my 2 cents

#3 ·
I never wanted to remove my mopar cai...?
I appreciate your 2 cents. I am looking for just the K&N filter not cai.
I Will be using my Mopar cai with a K&N filter.

I do think K&N engineered cai are made to have the advantages they claim to have above stock but I do not wish to buy one at this moment or anytime soon.

Also the filters that the Daytona's bring are "technically not open air intakes" but they are open they just use the hood liner as a seal.

#4 ·
I understand, I've never been a fan of the set ups that seal with the hood. Anyway- You can take the filter off and go to k&ns web site which will show you exactly how to measure and order just the filter. Many they pump out are for custom set ups. I did the same when I made my own CAI using parts I had and then ordered an S&B filters. Hope that helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.