Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone took their car in to have the security update done? I just took mine in today and it only took 10 minutes. To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed that I can tell.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
Font Recipe Parallel Paper Paper product

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got the same letter. I still on the fence about doing it. Called the dealership and asked about the price of the complete key/Fob and program for key. $200.00 plus for each. Was a little scared to ask the cost of the RF-Hub. Did you get extra keys before you did the lock down ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I called my dealer to have it done, but they said that they did not have the update yet

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Im on the fence about this as well.
No more updates, completely locked if they do this security update? I dont know if I want to risk that. I know they will come up with a different update in a year or so.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No more updates, completely locked if they do this security update? I dont know if I want to risk that. I know they will come up with a different update in a year or so.
What do you mean "no more updates"

·
Registered
131 Posts
The letter states “ The RF-Hub module will be permanently locked preventing it from receiving future software updates” and “ If new key fobs are to be programmed after receiving this software update, the RF-Hub module will need to be replaced“. Sounds like it is going to very costly if your key fob takes a turn for the worst.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like I’ll be keeping a eye out for a different update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts