Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Charger Rallye - Uconnect 3C NAV with 8.4" Display
Date of update: September 14, 2019

The recently pushed Uconnect Over-The-Air update has had negative effects on my head unit. I noticed the following issues the first time I started my car after the update.
  • It almost always gets stuck on the "Important: Obey all traffic laws..." loading screen. Sometimes this screen loads in Spanish. Either way the accept button and seat warmer buttons never appear. I say almost always because sometimes it stops on the Uconnect logo.
  • I can't use my backup camera. Screen turns to blue.
  • It will also randomly turn my seat warmers on. The only way to shut them off is to pullover and shut off the car. This may be extremely dangerous depending on what road/highway/interstate I may be traveling on when they turn on.
I've tried to soft reset it by holding the tune and volume buttons down at the same time. The system would reboot. Tried multiple times. That didn't work.

If it would boot past the loading screen I would try a factory reset.

I took it in to the Dodge dealership. They said the head unit would need to be replaced at a cost to me of $1000+ even though the update was forced installed. They tried flashing the software but unfortunately that was unsuccessful since they too could not get past the loading screen.

I also tried downloading the software from Uconnect and installing it myself but, there again, that was unsuccessful since I can not get past the loading screen.

Contacted Dodge who said that although they are aware of the update negatively affecting many Uconnect infotainment systems they are not offering any option other than for the consumer to pay to replace it.

Has anybody had issues since the update?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well shit. I got the notice a week or two ago and hit update when I had gotten home. Never noticed anything. Got the notice again today so I figured it didn’t update last time so I told it to update again. Guess I’ll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well shit. I got the notice a week or two ago and hit update when I had gotten home. Never noticed anything. Got the notice again today so I figured it didn’t update last time so I told it to update again. Guess I’ll find out soon enough.
How'd it go?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I updated mine recently as well. I'm assuming it's the same one you're talking about (I've only owned the car a couple months) and the only thing I've noticed is that the center button on the left rocker switch behind the steering wheel spoke goes through random radio stations when pressed, as opposed to cycling through the favorites in order. Nothing compared to what you're dealing with. Hopefully Dodge will come up with a fix for this if they're aware that the update is causing these problems. Let us know if there's any developments.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update 10/18: I contacted Dodge directly and explained the situation. They opened a case with Uconnect who admitted they were aware of the issues the Sept. update had created for many infotainment systems. Uconnect and Dodge agreed to cover the cost and labor of a new head unit. They expedited delivery of the new head unit and they are installing this coming Monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts