Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any common awd light issues? I definatly am not going into awd while this light is one. Funny thng is, that I never had any issues with it. I was just coming home from the store one day, and used my paddle shifters to downshift to pull into my driveway. I havent used them much at all really, like not in the last 2 years. Then my service awd light came on, and has been on since. I tried reading the codes with my intune2, but it just says there are no codes. Has anyone else had this happen? I hope its simple fix, cant clear the code because my intune2 doesnt see a code.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was plagued with intermitten service AWD light for a while, turned out to be the solenoid on the front diff was faulty

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Small update on this. I bougth a scanner that can read abs codes and transmission codes hoping it might be a wheel speed sensor. But no codes, also checked the fuses and relay, all seems fine there. Next step is changing some fluids, doubt that will do anything, probably gonna have to buy and replace the actuator/ solenoid. If anyone else has some ideas to check first, it would be greatly appreciated.

Just to mention too that when i have been shecking posts on the net about this, almost everyone states there serv awd light has came on off and on. Mine has never gone back off. It just came on one day and never went away, dont know if that makes a difference, but wanted to throw that out there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That has to be replaced with the actuator right, one piece? And i can do that at home right, on some ramps?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just replaced the actuator/solenoid. Real easy. But the service awd light is still on, and now when i put it in gear i get a message saying the vehicle is not in park. Wtf? Anyone know whats going on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts