Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed this multifunctional control switch on my 2015 Dodge Charger.
Right after replacing it I got a message from the charger saying service electronic stability control. I have Included pictures of both just so you guys can see the part I replaced and the message I get. Has anyone seen this error and know what could be wrong.

Attachments

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Try the below. If not the trick you may need an advanced OBD scanner to reset it. I had the same thing when I replaced one in my 2013.
  1. Start the engine.
  2. Center the steering wheel.
  3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the.
  4. Center the steering wheel.

Reactions: MadMaxx

· Registered
1,235 Posts
The associated code will probably be C0051-28 which is the Steering Angle Sensor, if doing what gapi suggested doesn't work, you could also try plugging in a good scanner tool, one that also recalibrates the SAS and perform that....if that still doesn't fix it, might be a bad wheel speed sensor in one of the wheels...either way, an alignment is needed as well as recalibrating the SAS

· Registered
2 Posts
Try the below. If not the trick you may need an advanced OBD scanner to reset it. I had the same thing when I replaced one in my 2013.
  1. Start the engine.
  3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the.
How in the

· Registered
2 Posts
  1. Start the engine.
How in the world did that work !!!!!!? Lmaoooo the same exact thing came to my car for no reason, it started lagging last night, I freaked out cause it never happened to me even in my last 2008 old jeep that I had so was surprised to see it on a 2018 Charger, I come to this forum and see your comment, try it with no hope what so ever n then I see the engine light turn off, THANK YOU, but I must ask is this a way to reset it OVER the problem ? Or does it fix it ?

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Its in my 2013 Charger service manual as a step 'to try". If that fails its most likely the module, steering column, AKA Turn signal switch.
In 2011 and up they integrated the turn signal, cruise control, clock spring, and such into one unit. If a part of it goes wrong you replace the whole unit.

Tip: Do Not.... use an impact tool to remove/replace the steering wheel nut. The clock spring/steering position sensing components will fail. Not cheap.

I have a write up on the replacement else where (remove the dash) https://bit.ly/3hlW7T-d .

· Registered
1 Posts
I recently changed this multifunctional control switch on my 2015 Dodge Charger.
Right after replacing it I got a message from the charger saying service electronic stability control. I have Included pictures of both just so you guys can see the part I replaced and the message I get. Has anyone seen this error and know what could be wrong.
I have the same , but I don’t know what’s wrong

· Registered
1 Posts
I have my charger 2017 at the dealer for the stability control saying it needed serviced.
Its Not covered by extended warranty and it is a fuse thats out. 72.00 so.... Im pulling my car from them a d hopefully hubby can fix it. It also has a glitch with radio screen also not covered and a cracked Ac hose that leaks and they want 569.00 just to replace hose freon is super costly as well

· Registered
2 Posts
  1. Start the engine.
Yo you never finished #3 what were you saying to do I wanna try this..

· Registered
1,737 Posts
  1. Start the engine.
  3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the internal stop in the steering gear is met.
  5. Shut off ignition.
  6. Restart.
If you have SRT pages you can see if you are corrected.

Vehicle Automotive design Font Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

· Registered
2 Posts
  1. Start the engine.
  3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the internal stop in the steering gear is met.
  5. Shut off ignition.
  6. Restart.
If you have SRT pages you can see if you are corrected.

View attachment 127372
It still says service electronic stability control.. :( what should I do next. I just had my car serviced after someone ran me off the road at a collision center. The alignment is off. It doesn’t seem right also because when I drive it makes a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb noise…like idk what I should do. It could just be a sensor in the tire like my ESC seems to work fine but my alignment is off even to the point my back up camera is off with the alignment. Wheel is straight but back up camera shows it as if the steering wheel is all the way to the right. But basically I know that’s an alignment issue but why is my ESC light on?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts