Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was driving along, got to a stop light, hit my brakes to slow down and my car started telling me to service my electronic stability control and it put itself into neutral but wouldn't let me rev the engine or anything until I put it into park, turned the car off then restart it. Then another couple miles down the road it did it again. I noticed this time that it had disengaged the traction control too and put it into sport mode all by itself. So i pulled over and restarted it again. This time it started really rough but then smoothed out. Now it won't go more than a half mile without me having to pull over and restart the process. Has anyone ran into something like this? My car has a sealed transmission, is there a way to check the fluid?

·
Registered
242 Posts
So today I was driving along, got to a stop light, hit my brakes to slow down and my car started telling me to service my electronic stability control and it put itself into neutral but wouldn't let me rev the engine or anything until I put it into park, turned the car off then restart it. Then another couple miles down the road it did it again. I noticed this time that it had disengaged the traction control too and put it into sport mode all by itself. So i pulled over and restarted it again. This time it started really rough but then smoothed out. Now it won't go more than a half mile without me having to pull over and restart the process. Has anyone ran into something like this? My car has a sealed transmission, is there a way to check the fluid?
Hi broncosfan1217,
Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We're happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problemStill haven't found out how to fix it can you help me

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
You need to get it scanned for a code. Auto-parts stores will do it free but usually have low cost generic scanners. Dealerships will want 1 hour pay in the neighborhood of 125.00.

It could be a wheel speed sensor, bad battery or alternator, these cars are sensitive to low power supply, or clock spring in the steering control module, steering angle sensor, to name a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts