Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Z, problem solving time.
I have a 2011 5-Speed and the Plexiglass(or whatever it is) in the shift bezel, next to the shift knob has crazed pretty bad. It just looks ugly and I always have people asking about it. I was curious if there is a way to replace it without replacing the entire bezel. I have tried peeling off some of it only to find out its cracked pretty far :TD: If anyone knows where to get the plexiglass part or has any other suggestions that would be great!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That little window is not sold separately.You will have to get another complete shifter bezel.PM Benny at Mopar Online Parts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping that wasn't the case. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw three listings and unless his price has changed,Benny beats all of them.
I hope so, its a little more than I want to spend right now on something like this. I'll shoot Benny an email when I get the chance.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. I think its from temperatures expanding and contracting the plastic. I just live with it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea crazing is usually caused by that. Where I live the weather changes so often it's probably what messed it up. After talking to Benny I was told that there isn't a way to replace the plastic. The only way would be replacing the entire shifter assembly. Looks like I'll have to deal with it for a while longer. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Not to jump on eBay again but there is a complete shifter with the plate including a non-crazed window for $90 signed sealed and delivered to your door. The shifter assembly itself can probably be turned around and sold for at least $50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-Floor-Shifter-Automatic-Autostick-2013-Rat-Rod-Auto-Stick-Bezel-13-/190993831328?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c781e95a0

If you had to buy the 8.4 bezel and shifter bezel combo to replace it, from a heavy discounter like Steve White motors you'd be looking at $252.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for giving me that link! That's honestly the cheapest I've seen for anyone who needs one as well. I'm going to think about it for a while, $90 is a lot for a college student when it's something that's not completely necessary. Reps to y'all soon. Gotta spread them around!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts