Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
I just purchased a 2019 Charger 392, It has the 275 tires on it already and as we all know this engine is a beast already. I'm not trying to make it a "Hellcat" but I would like to know if a can Diablo tune would give me any added gains. I currently have no plans to go out the track or anything but I would like it to be the best beast it possibly can be. Any advice from you all would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm not sure about Diablo's catalog. Do search for a Dyno operator in your area and get pricing for a dyno tune. Also I would go ahead and get a base line dyno reading so you can know for sure the before and after of any mod you do.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Honestly, I will wait a while until I get to know the car, and for sure don't want to risk a warranty issue. I have used canned tunes for many, many years, on all makes of GM's, w/o a problem.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If you get curious, get her a read on the dyno. We would love to see the print out.
You could interview the operator finding out what mods are worth while and what are bunk. They have seen it all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about Diablo's catalog. Do search for a Dyno operator in your area and get pricing for a dyno tune. Also I would go ahead and get a base line dyno reading so you can know for sure the before and after of any mod you do.
Sounds like a better plan and Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly, I will wait a while until I get to know the car, and for sure don't want to risk a warranty issue. I have used canned tunes for many, many years, on all makes of GM's, w/o a problem.
I'm a lot worried about adding any mods that would violate the warranty. After reading most the reviews on modding most folks say the same thing that you're advising, so thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts