Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have a 2009 base model Charger with a 2.7L V6 engine. The car is completely stock except for the spoiler and has about 60,000 miles on it. After doing a little research and talking to some sources, i decided i either want a Flowmaster or Borla dual exhaust system... Sadly i only have 1 exhaust pipe right now :(

I'm looking for a dual exhaust system that's more bang for its buck, loud and sharp, and that will help add onto the cars performance. If you got any tips or pointers, please post and share! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Hey bro not really sure about either of those, however if I had to choose it would be Borla. Here's my setup on my 2.7V6 (2008). I have a Full Boar performance (V-Tube) muffler w/ the resonators deleted and Blastin Bob tips.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Oh yeah, when I went to the shop to pick it up a roar came from the garage. "Is that MY car?!?!" I loved it, loved it, loved it :D Now, my recordings were crappy and people commented that the exhaust sounded ricey. Nope, nothing ricey about my Borlas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I'd just turn up the tunes but Hubby found it annoying. I tried to get a recording but all I got was wind noise. In hindsight resonated tips may have been an answer, or putting the resos back on.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I'd just turn up the tunes but Hubby found it annoying. I tried to get a recording but all I got was wind noise. In hindsight resonated tips may have been an answer, or putting the resos back on.
Wow, those are loud! I went with a single dynomax, single in, dual out to the tips, reso delete, and very little drone, usually about 1000-2000 rpms, then it goes away, on the highway at crusing spped, you cant even tell I have an exhaust, until I get on it, but and not as loud as your borlas, but loud enough for me and others to know I am coming, and I get that awesome brrrruuupppp sound on the shifts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Damn that sounds like a BEAST!!

I'm also going to get Borla's for my V6 2011 Dodge Charger!

Thanks for the videos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts