Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 2016 charger RT in the plum crazy purple and it’s got stock exhaust:( I was wondering if I could possibly slice off the stock rear resonators, right at the edge to salvage as much of the original piping and still be able to hang it on the existing hanger. Can it be done? 4DD5EA05-D1E0-49A5-8B85-1F6C99258DB6.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update! I sliced them off today, yes there is a way to cut it and still use the stock hangers (I’ll take pictures tomorrow). There IS a pretty gnarly drone that comes from it but I actually don’t mind it, it only happens on deceleration when in a lower gear. 6th-8th gear, I don’t hear it. It sounds bad ass and I even get some loud pops when I shift at high rpm. I think if it weren’t for the drone then this would be the perfect mod for someone that likes a throaty exhaust but nothing too loud. I’ll see if I can get a sound clip for you guys but on camera it’s dumbed down quite a bit.
I just bought this 2016 charger RT in the plum crazy purple and it’s got stock exhaust:( I was wondering if I could possibly slice off the stock rear resonators, right at the edge to salvage as much of the original piping and still be able to hang it on the existing hanger. Can it be done? View attachment 119772

·
Registered
555 Posts
Everyone says you will get used to the drone, on my car I hated it when I did the resonator delete. Finally one day I was in a funeral procession travelling down the highway and of course it was the speed where drone was the worst.

Second I got home I ordered magnaflow resonators, not quite as loud but zero drone now

·
Registered
680 Posts
Be careful, you could be sucking those fumes into the interior quite easily. Hopefully you plan to extend those pipes out the rear ASAP?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered some new gutted resonators but this damned virus is prolonging shipping times. More sound clips here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts