Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased a new 2014 Charger R/T Max AWD several days ago. I love the car so far, but the only complaint I have is the exhaust is way too quiet for a V8. I have listened to a few different exhausts on Youtube and like the sound of the SLP Loud Mouth (Part #D31040) the best so far. Does anyone have this on their Charger? Does anyone know if it is street legal and will pass emissions for New York? Also will this exhaust void the manufacturer's warranty? I hate to ask what might sound like a stupid question to some of you or something that may have been discussed in the past, but I couldn't find anything about emissions when I clicked on the product on SLP's website (or when I did a quick search on the forum) and I personally don't care to switch exhausts every time it needs to get inspected.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I leased a new 2014 Charger R/T Max AWD several days ago. I love the car so far, but the only complaint I have is the exhaust is way too quiet for a V8. I have listened to a few different exhausts on Youtube and like the sound of the SLP Loud Mouth (Part #D31040) the best so far. Does anyone have this on their Charger? Does anyone know if it is street legal and will pass emissions for New York? Also will this exhaust void the manufacturer's warranty? I hate to ask what might sound like a stupid question to some of you or something that may have been discussed in the past, but I couldn't find anything about emissions when I clicked on the product on SLP's website (or when I did a quick search on the forum) and I personally don't care to switch exhausts every time it needs to get inspected.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!
I bought a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust because I've heard them on another Daytona and I fell in love with it. I'm sure someone on here who uses a SLP Loud Mouth will chime in. As far as your warranty goes, no an aftermarket catback exhaust will NOT void your warranty if you buy the car (not sure how that works on a lease). Also, I live in PA so I'm not sure how much different NY emissions are, but my Flowmaster meets emissions here just fine, I think MOST catbacks will meet emissions almost everywhere (except maybe Cali)

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can always find a bolt on kit.
I am from ohio and we don't need inspection.not sure about New York.
Plus, you have leased the vehicle, you didn't bought it. Are you planning to return it after or buy it for you?
And no,exhaust will not void the manufacture warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts