Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so to get things started note that i am new to this smartbeam headlight technology that i just found out i have in my R/T Max haha

So here it goes, i just purchased and recieved in the mail my Oracle Plasma white halo rings in the mail today. I was soo excited i felt like a kid in the candy store cause that meant i was that much closer to finishing the blackout for my Charger. With that being said im kind of a skeptical person when it comes to electronics so to be safe i bought off ebay a second set of headlight housings for my 2011 to install the Halos on and basically have two sets of headlights, one factory OEM and the second set with the Plasma Halos that way if anything was to happen i could switch out without much pain or loss. The problem i am now faceing is after 5-6 long hrs struggling to seperate the lenses from the extra housings themselves i was finally done only to come across another problem. The headlights that came on my car from factory have the Projector smartbeam technology.... my extra set i bought do not and are the basic reflector housings...

As you can imagine i feel like an idiot for not looking that far into the products and potentially wasted all this time and money so far.

any suggestions on what i should do? keep the factory smartbeam projectors or go with the basic and what kind of bulbs exactly are in the smartbeams? could i put the basic reflector houseings on temporarily while i put the oracles on my factory lights or would that cause issues.Again i do not have alot of tools or time as this car for the time being is my daily driver so i only have a few hours at a time to work on it.. any suggestions would be great. thank you

·
Drive it like u stole it!
3,408 Posts
Put the extra ones in and put the halos in your OEM lights. Then swap them back in later. Stick with the stock lights as they have projectors and they are much better. Especially since I'm sure you have HIDs and running HID bulbs in non-projector headlights it's frowned upon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so should i put halogen bulbs in while i have the extra set in that way it dosent cause a fuss? i live in a strict part of town when it comes to certain things like that and second what would you recommend as the brightest white bulbs to put in my OEM's? im not real familiar with the projectors so i have NO clue what to look for and what to get. I want a nice clean bright white cause my Halos are plasma and give off a beautiful white glow to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts