Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestion on removing cabin smell? Have hung carbon bags, couple baking soda boxes, installed new carbon cabin filter and set off a Odor Bomb with AC Max running... still stinky.

https://imgflip.com/i/3319ur

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What is the smell from? If it’s in the A/C system, you may have a clogged drain in your evaporator box? If it’s in the upholstery, maybe you can wash it? Maybe there’s s dead mouse in your dash? Why is your car smelly?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, I picked it up from dealership... previous owner may have smoked, perhaps its tire smell or they had some sort of Cheech n Chong experience. I've had the seats cleaned as well as the items above. I can check the AC drain, but the car is really clean, aside from FL sand here and there.... I cannot locate source, it's just.... Smelly.... and now you can smell it on your clothes when getting out of car, so needless to say... my family is not eager to ride in it.(which might be a good thing?) LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
It does sound like it was a smoker car in a previous life. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get out of a vehicle. If you keep cleaning the seats and carpet, and headliner, and other things that can trap the odor, it will eventually dissipate, hopefully. But it's going to be a rough ride. Keep the windows down when you can and it will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts