Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everybody the time has come for us to start taking orders for the SMS 296 Supercharger for the Charger R/T and Charger SRT8 as well as the Challenger, Magnum, 300C and other late model HEMI vehicles.

For a limited amount of time we are offering the units for $8,000 Installed with a dyno tune performed on our in house Mustang AWD Dyno.

The kits include everything necessary to install with gains of over 100HP using only 5lbs of boost. High boost kits will become available shortly with much higher gains!

The SMS 296 Supercharger is the newest in Steve Saleen's line of superchargers that have graced the engine bays of some of the fastest cars in the planet. The Lysholm Twin Screw Compressor along with the new SMS SIX-PACK intercooling system make it up to 60% more efficient than traditional box type intercoolers providing a cooler charge that will give you a long component life as well as added reliability.

For those looking to add an extra punch to your engine bay the Superchargers are available in a variety of powder coated colors from the factory for an additional $400.

Units will also be available through us for mail order for $7000.

A variety of other extras are available including a 100mm throttle body, intake, and pulley systems.

Deposits for half of the final cost will be required upon placing order. We accept Cash, Credit and Checks.

For those interested please call us at 732-951-9111 or emails us at [email protected]

This deal will only last for a short period of time so make sure to spread the word!

·
Registered
502 Posts
that's bad a$$ my friend!!!!
you got one of those with two cylinders missing?
lol
sorry just trying to boost the v6 love a bit.
that is one sweet looking unit. what kind of rwhp can you expect? i saw 100hp but wasn't sure.
cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's bad a$$ my friend!!!!
you got one of those with two cylinders missing?
lol
sorry just trying to boost the v6 love a bit.
that is one sweet looking unit. what kind of rwhp can you expect? i saw 100hp but wasn't sure.
cheers
Sadly I haven't heard of an SMS blower coming out for the V6, not to say that it's not a possibility in the future. We could fabricate a turbo kit but I see that you are located in Canada.

As far as horsepower figures go we are expecting around 100HP more in the R/T and 125HP more in the SRT8 using the low boost kit currently available.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Man that's an awesome offer. I so badly wish I could do this....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sadly I haven't heard of an SMS blower coming out for the V6, not to say that it's not a possibility in the future. We could fabricate a turbo kit but I see that you are located in Canada.

As far as horsepower figures go we are expecting around 100HP more in the R/T and 125HP more in the SRT8 using the low boost kit currently available.
hey, jersey isn't that far!!!
lol
i think this would be awesome sitting atop a nice v6 stroker motor!!
and go figure there just happens to be one on the market right now!
ok, ok i know i'm just dreaming right now but man this kit sure is a sweet heart!
and some srt owners will love an extra buck and a quarter on top of what they push now. you're talking almost 600 off a stock motor.
did i mention it is really purty also?! lol
yes now i wish i had an srt but i will hold out for the day you chop a couple cylinders off of this one.
great unit i hope you do well on your sales here and with the power additions you are getting i think that shouldn't be a problem.
all the best

·
Registered
98 Posts
It looks good but does it really perform as advertised? I have yet to see any dyno pulls or track runs on this unit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got off the phone with the tech over at SMS and the verdict is that the unit does and will perform as advertised if not better. We currently have our first 2 units on the way and will be posting our results from our in house Mustang dyno.

I made sure to ask as well for those looking to see more proof on the internet about dyno pulls and track runs and he said their team has been very busy cranking out all the new products but that new media will be popping up soon.

If anyone has any other questions let us know!

·
Registered
11 Posts
SMS 296 Supercharger

"A variety of other extras are available including a 100mm throttle body, intake, and pulley systems. "

A clarification: The picture in your post shows a unit with the intake and pulley system. Are you suggesting the intake and pulley system are not part of the purchase or that higher performance parts not found in the stock kit are also available?

Sure wish you were closer to TX.
Later

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. The kit comes with an intake as well as the pulleys to produce 4.5psi which is part of the low boost kit we are offering in this group buy. This kit also comes with 40lbs injectors.

Then we have an upgraded pulley (6 and 7psi) and injector package (60lbs) for those looking to make 550hp and up.

Apart from those upgrades SMS also has a 100mm throttle body to go with their 100mm intake system which would add performance in both naturally aspirated and forced induction engines.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any pics of this? Price?
Sadly I do not have any pictures as I am waiting on the media package from SMS. Price on the units is $900 and it comes with a custom tune specific to the TB.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
How hard would it be to add this blower to a stroker (426)? Would boost pressure (bar) be lower due to greater air intake capacity of a stroker? I'm SERIOUSLY considering this versus the centrifugal style blower. (i.e. Vortech/ Procharger).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sadly I do not have any pictures as I am waiting on the media package from SMS. Price on the units is $900 and it comes with a custom tune specific to the TB.
But the tune wouldn't be specific to my set up, so a CMR would have to be done too. Or are they offering to do that? I'm assuming our manifold would have to be modified also, correct? Any pics of that, I didn't know we could go to 100mm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SMS on Stroker

SMS is currently using this on their 6.7 Stroker with 7psi to get 700hp. Your 426 or 7.0 we would recommend doing a bigger displacement blower such as a Whipple 3.4, you would have room to grow.
Thanks,
Jay
How hard would it be to add this blower to a stroker (426)? Would boost pressure (bar) be lower due to greater air intake capacity of a stroker? I'm SERIOUSLY considering this versus the centrifugal style blower. (i.e. Vortech/ Procharger).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TB

But the tune wouldn't be specific to my set up, so a CMR would have to be done too. Or are they offering to do that? I'm assuming our manifold would have to be modified also, correct? Any pics of that, I didn't know we could go to 100mm.
We could do a CMR tune for your Vehicle, I would like to see what the actual HP increase is on a NA car. We have done some extensive R&D in house for the Ford 4.6 & 5.4 with L&M Performance TB's, these have shown 16HP to the wheels with no other mods on a stock 4.6. The stock is an 80mm so jumping up to the 100mm CMR tuning will have to be done at time of install.
Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
44 Posts
not saying this is me, but I know a guy who knows a guy that's gonna go rob a bank and could use some helping hands cause he badly wants this supercharger.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts