Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I Just got my Charger about two months ago and a day or two after getting it I noticed there was some smudges or marks, on the INSIDE of the plastic cover for the speedometer :(

Not sure how they could have even got there.. Besides someone possibly spraying cleaning product at the outside of the plastic and it got behind, ran down and smeared. Anyways does anyone have any ideas as to how to get rid of this?

I'd get some pics but the car is getting a touch up today. That and I don't even know if the camera would pick it up, as it's not really noticeable but I definitely notice it every time I get behind the wheel. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I know a few members on here have replaced the instrument panel gauges... so hopefully they will chime in on how to do it. I'm sure once you get it off you will be able to figure out how to clean them

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
:TU:
Materials Needed:
Flat Head Screwdriver
Phillips Screwdriver
Torx Screwdriver (T-10/ T-11)

Step 1: Remove Gauge Cluster
Between the dash and driver’s door, remove the left trim bezel. It is held in by clips.
Once the bezel is removed, remove the Phillips head screw that you exposed.
Under the dash, just to the right of the hood release, there is a Phillips head screw for the lower dash panel. Remove that screw.
Pull the lower panel away just enough to unplug the trunk release button. This will allow you to fully remove the lower dash panel.
Next, remove the three (3) Phillips head screws at the bottom edge of the upper dash panel. (They were exposed when you removed the lower dash panel.)
Remove the ignition cover ring. (Simply pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.)
Pull the Gauge cluster dash panel out. It will take some considerable force and will sound like you are breaking it. (Loud popping) Don’t worry, it’s just the tabs releasing.
Once it’s loose, disconnect the headlight switch.
Lower the steering wheel all the way and carefully work the panel out. You will have to bend it some as you work it upwards to get it out.
Next, remove the four (4) Phillips head screws holding the gauge cluster in place. (A magnetic screwdriver might make this job a little easier. I didn’t have one so I had to keep an eye on where the screws fell.) Also, be very careful not to let the screws fall into the dash.
Pull the gauge cluster toward you while tilting it so that it ends up facing upwards. This will allow you to reach the harnesses in the back.
Unplug the harnesses.

Step 2: Dismantling the Gauge Cluster
Turn the gauge cluster face down.
Remove the six (6) Torx screws on the back using the T-10/T-11 Torx screwdriver. (Three (3) along top edge, three 3) along bottom edge.)\
Pulled this from another writeup. This'll get you to where you need to be to clean off those smudges. I tailored it down to fit your needs but here's the link to the orignal post that explains how to change your gauge faces...just incase you get inspired.

[url]http://www.chargerforumz.com/showpost.php?p=469923&postcount=6[/URL]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Once again this forum turns out to be the greatest. Really appreciate you posting that write up for me Ro504. And yeah, since i'll have it off I might as well see if I can find a little bit brighter of a blue for my gauge light, since I always thought that was a bit dim as well. Thanks again!

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Beat me to it Ro I just ran across that thread the other day! Way to help a brother out!

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Awesome. Once again this forum turns out to be the greatest. Really appreciate you posting that write up for me Ro504. And yeah, since i'll have it off I might as well see if I can find a little bit brighter of a blue for my gauge light, since I always thought that was a bit dim as well. Thanks again!
Anytime man. Glad i could help out

Beat me to it Ro I just ran across that thread the other day! Way to help a brother out!
Right on Rob. Thanks man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts