Dodge Charger Forum banner

Some lowlife scumbag popped the lock on the trunk

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HellDuster 
#1 ·
So last week I head down to my car in the underground parking garage and something didn't seem quite right. Everything looked normal, until I noticed the keyhole on the trunk lid didn't look quite right. I opened the lid with my fob and discovered some SOB had cut my subwoofer box out, took a bag of tools and also took some aftermarket from speakers I was going to install in the doors to replace the crappy factory ones. They had to be pros because you really can't tell unless you look at the keyhole closely. I was fortunate they didn't mess up the trunk, paint or break any glass. I did a police report. Unfortunately, my apartment complex was to cheap to put any cameras in the parking garage. The lock never worked anyway with my keys so I'm guessing it was replaced sometime in the past. I took a bottle of gorilla glue and squirted a bunch in the keyhole... they are not getting a screwdriver in there again.

screwdriver in there again.

See less See more
#4 ·
I know. You want to catch them in the act and apply some good old fashioned western justice on them. If it is not yours, keep your damn hands off of it! I'm surprised they didn't try and get the amplifier...probably thought it wasn't worth the effort with all the wires going into it.

#6 ·
Not sure, maybe they just hit it on random, or they drove by when I had the trunk open and saw inside. Well if they want in there again, it's going to take a lot more that a screwdriver to do it. I pumped enough Gorilla glue in there to solidify it for a hundred years. LOL It still opens using my FOB or the button on the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.