Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... I need some help as I am almost to the point of taking the car to the dealer. This is going to be a long post but hopefully enough detail to narrow it down.

Issue:

Some of my steering wheel controls aren't working. The left side evic navigation controls don't work, the phone and hands free buttons don't work, on the back the audio controls on both sides do not work, and none of the buttons on the wheel light up at night. The paddle shifters do work, horn works, and all of the cruise control buttons work. When this first started happening it was intermittent and really started with the audio controls. I would skip to the next track and it would delay so after 1 or 2 more pushes it would finally skip but would do 2 or 3 songs. I noticed the lights going out also. Then it was sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't until eventually it spazzed out and the down button got stuck so the next time I started the car it did a cluster self test and never worked after that.

Background info:

I do not know if this is related or not but at one point I was trying to get the performance pages without having a tazer. In the long run I should have just forked out the money for the tazer but I was looking for a cheap solution. I found an app called SRTactivator in the Google play store for $4.99 so I bought it and gave it a shot. It did work. I got the performance pages on my evic and on the uconnect for $15. I was super excited. I needed to take the car in to get the cruise control recall done so I removed the performance pages. When I went to put them back on it was the middle of winter and like a dummy i had the car running when I tried to write the settings. It did load them again but I got a service shifter message and couldn't take the car out of park. Had to remove them again and turn the car on and off a few times, clear codes, and finally got back to normal. I don't remember at what point though the steering controls went out fully or if it is related to my hackish way to get the performance pages.

What i've done so far:

I thought for sure it was a clockspring issue so I pulled off my "multi function switch" and tested the clockspring with a multimeter using the passthrough tone. A couple pins seemed to not have pass through so I bought a new one for $350 (Thanks Dodge for not making the clockspring a separate piece.) . Swapped it out the other day and still have the same issues. Pulled everything back off again yesterday and took off dash panels to follow wires. I didn't see anything noticeable but there are a ton of wires to look at.

I actually bought a tazer, double bypass, and aux buttons but at this point its a paper weight since I can't navigate the evic to even use the tazer. :( .

Any suggestions or advice is more than welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dam ever fix this? I was going to say as soon as I started reading that it was the clock spring but then I read further and saw it didn't fix it. Interested to know if you figured it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone... I need some help as I am almost to the point of taking the car to the dealer. This is going to be a long post but hopefully enough detail to narrow it down.

Issue:

Some of my steering wheel controls aren't working. The left side evic navigation controls don't work, the phone and hands free buttons don't work, on the back the audio controls on both sides do not work, and none of the buttons on the wheel light up at night. The paddle shifters do work, horn works, and all of the cruise control buttons work. When this first started happening it was intermittent and really started with the audio controls. I would skip to the next track and it would delay so after 1 or 2 more pushes it would finally skip but would do 2 or 3 songs. I noticed the lights going out also. Then it was sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't until eventually it spazzed out and the down button got stuck so the next time I started the car it did a cluster self test and never worked after that.

Background info:

I do not know if this is related or not but at one point I was trying to get the performance pages without having a tazer. In the long run I should have just forked out the money for the tazer but I was looking for a cheap solution. I found an app called SRTactivator in the Google play store for $4.99 so I bought it and gave it a shot. It did work. I got the performance pages on my evic and on the uconnect for $15. I was super excited. I needed to take the car in to get the cruise control recall done so I removed the performance pages. When I went to put them back on it was the middle of winter and like a dummy i had the car running when I tried to write the settings. It did load them again but I got a service shifter message and couldn't take the car out of park. Had to remove them again and turn the car on and off a few times, clear codes, and finally got back to normal. I don't remember at what point though the steering controls went out fully or if it is related to my hackish way to get the performance pages.

What i've done so far:

I thought for sure it was a clockspring issue so I pulled off my "multi function switch" and tested the clockspring with a multimeter using the passthrough tone. A couple pins seemed to not have pass through so I bought a new one for $350 (Thanks Dodge for not making the clockspring a separate piece.) . Swapped it out the other day and still have the same issues. Pulled everything back off again yesterday and took off dash panels to follow wires. I didn't see anything noticeable but there are a ton of wires to look at.

I actually bought a tazer, double bypass, and aux buttons but at this point its a paper weight since I can't navigate the evic to even use the tazer. :( .

Any suggestions or advice is more than welcome!
Hello, I have the same problem too, I wonder if you fix the problem and how ?

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,494 Posts
Hello, I have the same problem too, I wonder if you fix the problem and how ?
You probably won't get a reply, they have not been on here in almost 2 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts