Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit a deer 20130806_080022.jpg :4-dontknow:

But It worked out because now I have a new gloss black grille instead of a plastidipped one. :TU: The Geico guy asked what the original color was and i told him chrome. He mentioned that he had to write the estimate for chrome. But then he came back with an estimate for a flat black one being there wasnt a cost difference. So I was happy about that. But then the shop called me and said "hey we ordered a flat black grille and a gloss black one. Which do you want?" That was a no brainer. I said GlossBlack of course. So I'm super happy. I also got a brand new bumper and hood which had two really deep scratches in them before the accident. All for my $500 deductible. I cant complain.

20130824_184126.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sucks you hit the deer, but at least it sort of worked out for you!

Did you make deer jerky then?

·
Registered
961 Posts
not bad you see the positive out from a negative but i must say it looks real nice I didnt know they offered those two choices

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sucks you hit the deer, but at least it sort of worked out for you!

Did you make deer jerky then?
Haha...Nope after about 20 seconds the darn deer got up and ran away lol.

not bad you see the positive out from a negative but i must say it looks real nice I didnt know they offered those two choices
Yea I didn't know either. I was just happy they did. Thanks!

If that deer is alive, you owe it a beer. Nice upgrade...
Lol Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
LOL. My comp deductible is only $50. I may have to go "deer hunting" if I get any more scratches in the hood!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Poor deer :roga:

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Good look dude, congrats on getting the Charger fixed up!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nice! When my car was battered by a hailstorm last year, I wanted the shop to order the SRT engine hood instead of the normal one. But they were so incompetent, and my car was in the shop going on 6 weeks, that they just ordered the normal and there wasn't enough time to get it switched. Missed opportunity...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Things always seem to work out for the better!!

Nice!

·
Registered
17,606 Posts
Just to confirm, which grille do you like better? Gloss black painted or the plasti dip one?

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Now that's a creative way to get your mods done. Wife won't let you spend money on a new part, hit something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to confirm, which grille do you like better? Gloss black painted or the plasti dip one?
I like the gloss black painted one better.

Haha, man for $500 and a bit of frustration you can't beat that.
That's what I'm saying. Im super happy!

Now that's a creative way to get your mods done. Wife won't let you spend money on a new part, hit something.
Lol for real man...I dont have a wife but that could work for those that do lol :TU:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL. My comp deductible is only $50. I may have to go "deer hunting" if I get any more scratches in the hood!
After you posted this I checked and putting my comp coverage at $50 only raises my insurance about $7 a month. I will be changing that soon. Thanks :TU:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts