Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week security puts a warning sticker on my window. Today they just didn't do their job.

YEP! Somebody broke into my car! Popped the lock as you can see. But to add insult to injury they broke into 3 other chargers today. IN BROAD DAYLIGHT & RAIN!? Luckily they only got my change tray with about $2 worth of change. The other charger they got an iPod and a pair of heels (left the dress that went with it). Happened about 11 this morning. Ironically between the guards shift change. Found out there is no guard watching the lot between 11-2. WTF!? I'm extra mad because I ordered the key hole cover this morning!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think this is something that Chrysler needs to focus on changing on the newer models. It seems to be too easy to break into a charger.

·
Registered
210 Posts
So sorry to hear about the damage man.Out of curiosity, what is the key hole cover you mentioned? Got a link?

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Sorry to hear this brother, hit up the vendors on here for the lock. It is really simple to remove to change, found this out when put in my blue LEDs under the handles.

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
Bastards! Sorry to hear that brother! Might have been an inside job even ya know!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sorry Man that happened hope all turns out ok, just asking why not report to insurance, theft is covered under different way over collition???

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry Man that happened hope all turns out ok, just asking why not report to insurance, theft is covered under different way over collition???
I did and they're gonna take care of it. I get estimates tomorrow and police report should be ready Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
same thing happened to me brother... the dealership should do the cylinder and coding for about 220 including labor
$220? They tried to charge me $400 when someone broke into my apartment and stole my second set of keys.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$220? They tried to charge me $400 when someone broke into my apartment and stole my second set of keys.
I was quoted $225.30 from my dealer. $176 of that is for labor. For that price I think I'll try my luck at taking that door panel off and installing the new lock myself. Any suggestions or advice?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts