Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be due for a change of scenery. There is talk that we may be heading to Korea instead of Afghanistan on our next deployment. I know Trained Killa is there right now. I had a few questions. Is it considered a tax exempt area? What about haz pay? And are you allowed off post? I'm sure it's way better than Iraq or Afghan, but wanted some input from those that have been there. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You are deploying here as a Unit? If that is the case, that means they are deploying the BDE here to Afghanistan. That is sad...these guys are not and do not have the means to be trained for that.

You may like this place brother...I personally hate it. It depends on where you are and if you are coming here as a Unit, you will be here at Casey/Hovey like I am.

You can leave post, they just lifted curfew two months ago so it is like a regular duty station in alot of ways.

It is NOT tax exclusion. You will get haz duty pay though.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing set in stone yet. Just rumors trickling down from higher. We will be going as a unit, though. HIMARS FA. (1-181FA). I know it's not as good as home, but I'm tired of getting mortared every time I deploy. LOL Should be a nice change!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I was a Light Infantry guy before and was in over 30 dismounted firefights on my last trip so this is nothing like a deployment in that respect.

You may like it alot if you go and hang out in Korea alot. Alot of Soldiers love it here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If your going there as a unit then your going there for Foal Eagle more than likely. The Marne sends a unit or three down there every year for that.

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
Korea is fun, but yea, sounds like a Foal Eagle thing which will kinda suck.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nothing set in stone yet. Just rumors trickling down from higher. We will be going as a unit, though. HIMARS FA. (1-181FA). I know it's not as good as home, but I'm tired of getting mortared every time I deploy. LOL Should be a nice change!
13M all the way!!!! Steel Rain, baby!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts