Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a spoiler for my charger. It didn’t come with one. I found one on eBay for $99 where it can be matched to the factory yellow jacket color. I’m not sure if I should get the yellow jacket color to match or just go with black.

Also, I have the SXT Plus but the spoiler is the SRT type. Would it be wrong to get since I don’t have the SRT? I’m not trying to make my SXT pass for an SRT, but I like the way the spoiler looks. I tried searching for just the plain spoiler and not the SRT style but haven’t been able to find it.

Here’s the link:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/181965092426

Looking for opinions/feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Looking to get a spoiler for my charger. It didn’t come with one. I found one on eBay for $99 where it can be matched to the factory yellow jacket color. I’m not sure if I should get the yellow jacket color to match or just go with black.

Also, I have the SXT Plus but the spoiler is the SRT type. Would it be wrong to get since I don’t have the SRT? I’m not trying to make my SXT pass for an SRT, but I like the way the spoiler looks. I tried searching for just the plain spoiler and not the SRT style but haven’t been able to find it.

Here’s the link:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/181965092426

Looking for opinions/feedback. Thanks.
I removed my yellow 3-piece spoiler and added this gloss black Hellcat style in it's place. This will give you a good idea of what the black looks like. I've still got my factory yellowjacket 3-piece spoiler, but I snipped the end piece attaching clips off from underneath. The center bolts to the trunklid. With your never-drilled trunklid and rear quarters, the whole 3-piece spoiler can be attached with double-sided tape. That way no holes to drill. I'll make you a great deal if you're interested, plus I'm willing to meet you half way between here and Tampa. If you're interested, let me know and I'll PM you my phone number.
S6302561.JPG
S6302562.JPG

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed my yellow 3-piece spoiler and added this gloss black Hellcat style in it's place. This will give you a good idea of what the black looks like. I've still got my factory yellowjacket 3-piece spoiler, but I snipped the end piece attaching clips off from underneath. The center bolts to the trunklid. With your never-drilled trunklid and rear quarters, the whole 3-piece spoiler can be attached with double-sided tape. That way no holes to drill. I'll make you a great deal if you're interested, plus I'm willing to meet you half way between here and Tampa. If you're interested, let me know and I'll PM you my phone number. View attachment 90408 View attachment 90410
Love how your Charger looks. The black spoiler looks great because it also matches your wheels. I think the yellow would look better on mine because I have the stock 20” aluminum wheels. I’m not really worried about drilling, just wasn’t sure if getting the hellcat style spoiler on my SXT would be considered a no-no in the Mopar world.

What would you be willing to sell the 3 piece for? And you sure the tape would be able to hold it on there good? Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My Hellcat style spoiler I bolted on AND used double-sided tape. The factory 3-piece is flatter, so I see no problem attaching it with just tape. The 3M tape is pretty strong. I'm going to PM you my phone number, give me a call and we can discuss it, plus I have a couple other questions about things you may or may not be thinking about changing on your Charger. Watch your "INBOX" at the top right of the page.

·
848 Posts
I have an SRT, and I see nothing wrong with putting a HC spoiler on your car, I think it makes it look much better.

As far as color, if you have the stock rims then go with the color match, if you have black rims go with the black spoiler imo.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I have an SRT, and I see nothing wrong with putting a HC spoiler on your car, I think it makes it look much better.

As far as color, if you have the stock rims then go with the color match, if you have black rims go with the black spoiler imo.
This advice, but go black!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the feedback. This is what I was thinking, going with the color match since I have the stock rims.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have had both the 3 piece spoiler and the SRT spoiler. I would definitely recommend the SRT spoiler. And who cares if someone else doesn't like your spoiler choice.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had both the 3 piece spoiler and the SRT spoiler. I would definitely recommend the SRT spoiler. And who cares if someone else doesn't like your spoiler choice.
It’s not so much that I cared whether someone would like my spoiler choice but wasn’t sure how it would look since my Charger is not an SRT or HC.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It’s not so much that I cared whether someone would like my spoiler choice but wasn’t sure how it would look since my Charger is not an SRT or HC.
My Charger was butt naked when I bought it and when I got around to purchaseing a spoiler I wasn't aware that there was a different style for the SRT.If I'd known I would have gotten that instead as it looks more aggressive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
looks OK... I would have went with matte black... that YJ paint is glossy enough. I think it's cool, but would have went the other direction. oh, I would have color matched also. but that's just me. matte black or if u color match, then gloss YJ. there's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: Stevens12

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered the spoiler. Went with the color match of the car. I hope they do a good job at matching the yellow jacket color. Feedback from other buyers have been great. Should have it by Tuesday of next week. Won’t get to install it until Saturday though. Almost impossible to do during the week because of work and husband/daddy duties. Can’t wait to get it and install it. I’ll post some pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the UPS notification email that it was delivered a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get home and check it out.

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn’t install it yet. Took it out of the package to make sure there’s was no damage and color matched.

On the corners, those gaps, is that how it’s supposed to be? Also, how far away from the trunk edge should I install it?

Didn’t like how the holes will be more towards the center. Thought they were going to be as close as possible to the corners of the trunk. Also thought it was only going to be two holes, not a third in the middle of the trunk.

Recommendations to prevent water leaking into the trunk?

Thoughts on overall look?

9DB8A9D0-926D-46D8-92DA-32F494BDCA63.jpeg
DD4F7603-D14C-4127-89ED-E25527B1F9D0.jpeg
FC2AD41D-5845-41DB-8CAD-AE3D0EC117E5.jpeg
D1944A6A-ECDF-4E01-9D69-F990A33D44A8.jpeg

·
Registered
758 Posts
Silicone in the holes, plus 3M double-sided tape all the way around the outside of that raised "ridge". The silicone will keep water out, plus the tape will help with that AND make the mounting really solid. On mine the holes all matched the ones in the trunk from the old spoiler, which you didn't have. As far as placement, you're looking pretty good in the second picture. It's really going to look good when you get it done!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Silicone in the holes, plus 3M double-sided tape all the way around the outside of that raised "ridge". The silicone will keep water out, plus the tape will help with that AND make the mounting really solid. On mine the holes all matched the ones in the trunk from the old spoiler, which you didn't have. As far as placement, you're looking pretty good in the second picture. It's really going to look good when you get it done!
This. This is what I did to mine when i installed on my wifes 2015. After drilling the holes, i also too the extra step to paint the bare metal from the drilled holes with color match paint, then did silicone and double sided tape. I spaced mine about 1/8" from the edge. That seem to have the best line to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Stevens12 & mofogo for your feedback. I found the following and it looks like it will do the job:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ided-Extreme-Mounting-Tape-414DC-SF/203405976

Would I be able to get away with just going with the 3M tape and not drilling at all? The actualy spoiler is not heavy at all, I think like 6lbs. This 3M tape is rated at up to 20lbs of mounting strength.

Also, for the silicone, would any type do? Found this one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Permatex-3-oz-Clear-Silicone-Adhesive-Sealant-75151/302775054

Thanks again guys.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts