Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Sport Mode and drive my car 95% of the time in Sport Mode. I was wondering if anyone knew how to have the car stay in Sport Mode and then when you want it in normal mode to push the Sport Mode Off button? It is a pain having to go into the control area every time I start the car to put it into Sport Mode. Does the Diablo Sport Trinity allow you to have your car like this?
I appreciate any comments or help on this subject.

·
Registered
455 Posts
What do you get for gas with Sport mode on all the time?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lose maybe five miles per gallon, but the car is so much more fun to drive in Sport Mode and I like the sound the car makes when it is backing down approaching a stop light... sort of like the sound my Harley made... brrrrrmmmmmm I don't drive that much so it is more important to have the fun than the mileage. When I get the Trinity I will be using the 93 Octane tune as I am running on 93 Octane now ... I would prefer performance over mileage..... that is my preference for my car. If I wanted gas mileage I would have bought a Dart or a Volt and not a Charger with a Hemi... if I had the money I would have bought a SRT8.. If you want mileage then don't buy a R/T with a Hemi...

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
On my SRT, sport mode just changes my firmness in my ride, shocks and such. Kind of feels like a buck board unless I'm on a really nice road surface, which isn't likely in the land of potholes Pennsylvania :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Velocity... I think that your SRT in regular mode is probably like a regular R/T in Sport Mode. What I mean is that when you are not in Sport Mode.. the car is lazier and the shifts are rather sloppy and there is no engine braking when you decelerate without the brake. In Sport Mode the shifts are much firmer, and if you are on the accelerator the shift points are much higher. In fact even the regular not full throttle shift points are higher and it is like you are in a lower gear as you can be driving along at maybe twenty mph and still be in first like you were using the paddles and when the car is over two thousand rpm it will upshift where in the regular mode you would already be in third gear.. better for gas mileage for sure but not as much fun. In Sport Mode I get to hear and enjoy my exhaust I put on the car where as in regular mode it is pretty much quiet. Then if you are on it the shifts are very firm... it shifts and acts as if you were using the paddle shifter but only it is doing it automatically. Then when you get off the gas sort of gliding up to a red light... the engine will do the braking shifting down into a lower gear and you get to hear the sweet sound of the engine through the exhaust. Like I said, yes .. Sport Mode is does pay a penalty on gas mileage, but if I was concerned about it I would not be putting 93 Octane in my car and in fact, I would not have bought a 370 HP Hemi but some poopy Toyota or Honda Ricer or a VW poo poo mobile. I bought a performance car and would prefer to have it stay in Sport Mode all the time and then let me take it out when I want it in regular mode. Lets say if the wipers are on, like it puts my car in AWD it could take it out of Sport Mode... So I was wondering if the Trinity gave me this option with all of the flexibility I am told the Trinity gives us in our car.. Now as to a regular R/T vs your SRT... our regular R/T do not adjust the shocks as we do not have the shock system like you have... bottom line... ours adjusts the shift points and firmness of the shift.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Dave I am pretty sure there is no way to leave sport mode on. It resets every time you turn off the car.

As for mpg with sport mode, if definitely suffers, because it sure as hell isnt called eco mode haha. Most newer cars come with a button, Eco mode, to maximize mpg. The Charger comes with Sport mode, to maximize fun :D.

It raises the shift points, car shifts close to redline every time. It holds lower gears longer and downshifts right away upon braking/slowing down. I too love the exhaust when it kicks down a gear to slow down, it will turn heads.

Sport mode is 100 times more fun to drive in, however I only use it when there isnt too much traffic.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply... I was curious if there was a way to keep the car in Sport Mode all the time.. and it seems there is not. I know my girl friend who has a Hyundai Tucson has a button to turn on the Eco Mode... but her car is no way shape or form comparable to our Chargers with the Hemi... So I will live with hitting the touch screen and selecting Sport Mode... I bought the car for fun and not as I said for gas mileage. My car when it gets older and off of warranty will most likely have a Super Charger in its future. Who says that at 65 one can not still appreciate a good time in a great car... Ha ha ha. Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

·
Registered
626 Posts
On my SRT, sport mode just changes my firmness in my ride, shocks and such. Kind of feels like a buck board unless I'm on a really nice road surface, which isn't likely in the land of potholes Pennsylvania :)
I hear ya Velocity, I've had to change suspension components often already... I live about an hour away from you, and yes our roads here are TERRIBLE on suspension components.

·
504 Boy
12,059 Posts
Yeah, I only use sports mode when I wanna blast off on someone at a red light, or blast off past someone on the highway. I don't drive in it too much cause with the way I drive, my gas mileage already suffers in regular mode. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts