Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could set your custom mode to the sport settings and then just double tap the Drive mode button when you get in the car.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Mercy I wouldn't want to drive around in sport mode all the time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mercy I wouldn't want to drive around in sport mode all the time.
Definitely hurts the mpg around town. I live in an actual city btw (cause I know some heeyuck will equate that with driving ten miles on open roads to get some chicken feed in town pop. 47) but I hate the MDS.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sport mode does not disable MDS. Its not supposed to on any of them. But if there is a year and make that it changed I'd like to know it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sport mode does not disable MDS. Its not supposed to on any of them. But if there is a year and make that it changed I'd like to know it.
In my 16 if I’m just coasting back from the 711 and I see the 4cyl thing lit up in the fuel economy deal on the dash and I hit the sport button it goes away.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
On my 2013 the ECO light has nothing to do with MDS. Even with it disabled the light comes on when it senses I'm going easy on the throttle.
But, I agree MOPAR should have disabled MDS in Sport Mode. But you guys sound like they have in later years. Nice.

I have ran the gauntlet with MDS trying to tune it to come on later than the 9mph minimum, even getting HPTuners get involved but we found MOPAR has it locked to an available 20mph minimum.
Dealerships will do it for Trucks with large tires that are lugging in MDS at low speeds. Their scanners will not allow them to bump it over 20. I was hoping for a 40mph minimum.
So I just have it disabled.

·
Registered
225 Posts
On the 16 it actually says 4cyl, nothing about eco.
Edit: should’ve read your post more carefully. I assume it’s different on the 15 ups?
On my 2013 the ECO light has nothing to do with MDS. Even with it disabled the light comes on when it senses I'm going easy on the throttle.
But, I agree MOPAR should have disabled MDS in Sport Mode. But you guys sound like they have in later years. Nice.

I have ran the gauntlet with MDS trying to tune it to come on later than the 9mph minimum, even getting HPTuners get involved but we found MOPAR has it locked to an available 20mph minimum.
Dealerships will do it for Trucks with large tires that are lugging in MDS at low speeds. Their scanners will not allow them to bump it over 20. I was hoping for a 40mph minimum.
So I just have it disabled.

View attachment 121448

·
Registered
910 Posts
I also noticed that I can hit SPORT when I start up, with one touch. The screen comes up, and displays what I had changed the last start-up; like Drive modes, heated seats, etc. I'll try it today then.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It does though.
Not on our 2013's, it doesn't. I drive in Sport mode almost exclusively, and the ECO light has always switched on/off while driving just like any other mode. (That is an MDS indicator, right? If not, ignore me, nothing to see here! LOL) Maybe this was changed with the 2015 models?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
ECO light and MDS are not exclusive to each other. If MDS is on then the ECO light will come on (unless you have it shut off in the option menu), but the ECO light will come on without MDS being engaged. Any time I lift off the gas the ECO light comes on lol.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I can hear MDS and feel when it activates on my 2013 in sport mode. I have a corsa cat back and it's a little more pronounced through it.
It's my understanding (people have claimed) later years MDS is disabled in sport mode but I have not confirmed it for myself.
I now have it disabled in the my tune via HPTuners.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know when it started being disabled in sport mode. But my 2019 is that way. Just wish I could drive it in normal mode without it. It's useless and annoying on a performance vehicle!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts