Sport Seat any good?

Discussion in 'Prospective Buyers - Question and Answer Forum' started by carlcampbell, Feb 8, 2018.

1. carlcampbell

carlcampbell New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger RT
    Hi, I wanted to ask you guys about your long term impressions of the late model Charger "Sport Seat". I have a nice 2014 Anniversary issue with low miles. The seats are very comfortable, about perfect. I was seriously considering trading in the car for a 2018 Daytona, which looks like a very nice choice. The problem is that when I sat in the Daytona, I found the seat quite hard and tight on the hips and legs. Honestly, I am not at all fat but it felt like sitting in a confining box. What are these seats like on longer trips? Are they irritating or causing cramps? I am willing to sacrifice some comfort for the cars cool factor but on the other hand do not want to find myself bummed out later down the road. Thanks for considering this query.

2. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    You know, I love the Leather/Alcantara sport seats in my Road & Track, which were identical to the Daytona. Coming from my old SXT sport seats in cloth though, these are definitely firmer. I like them better that way, because the old Sport seats felt a bit mushy, BUT I've had 2 passengers tell me that they think these seats are too hard.

I've adjusted my pedals, seat and lumbar down to a T though, and that really helps. At first, it was a bit uncomfortable on my hips. Made me feel like an old man lol. But I think that was more so because of where seat was in relation to the Wheel and Pedals.

JoeJoe likes this.
  3. carlcampbell

carlcampbell New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger RT
    Thanks a lot for your inputs, I appreciate it. As for feeling like and old man, no big deal, because you just described me. But of course I am young at heart, right? Also as I said in my post "I am not fat". By the way I love your R/T. It has the hood like the Daytona that is cool. Also the racing stripes are always a great addition for the in your face old school look that we dig.

B4TD4D likes this.
  4. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Anytime! love how soft the material feels, it's just not plush, if that makes sense. I think it's because of the heating/cooling elements in them. Which I also love btw lol. I'm not a big guy either, nor too old but I've found that getting the seat adjusted just right takes time but can make a world of difference!

Thanks for the compliments too! I tried to capture some of the elements I like about the other versions of the charger, and I always loved the Viper stripes, but wanted to give it a bit of a modern twist with the black on black. Much appreciated brother!

5. carlcampbell

carlcampbell New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger RT
    Hey guy, I just drove in from Torrance CA (LA) Dodge dealer. I live about 100 miles north of there and it was a real adventure in traffic negotiation, even on Saturday! Thank goodness for my NAV system.In any event I traded in my nice 2014 R/T with 20,500 miles and am now a proud owner of a 2018 Daytona 5.7 in Octane Red. I emphasize "proud" as I was very pleasantly surprised and duly impressed with this Daytona on the ride home! The ride and handling was much more "sporty"/ tight. Visibility is great, lower stance is cool as is the rumbling exhaust note. The car is a bit quicker than the old one and the 8 speed trans is a super feature. The best part of it is that the car had 9 miles on it when it got into my grubby hands.

B4TD4D likes this.
  6. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Congrats on the pick up! Make sure you post up some pics!!