Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an SRT-10 style hood, like the Viper hoods with the scoop and louvers. I've read around that the louvers allow water to leak into the engine bay and that's not so good. So does anyone know where I can find that style hood with functional scoop but not louvers?

ps. i know they make one for magnums, has anyone custom fit a magnum hood to a charger?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've been looking for an SRT-10 style hood, like the Viper hoods with the scoop and louvers. I've read around that the louvers allow water to leak into the engine bay and that's not so good. So does anyone know where I can find that style hood with functional scoop but not louvers?

ps. i know they make one for magnums, has anyone custom fit a magnum hood to a charger?
It does let a lot of water in the engine area but it's also on a car that you would never take out on a bad day. I agree with Paladin though it would look tight but I think our front end just might be too short to pull off that many grille vents, unless modified. As to whether or not they have one for a Charger, I have yet to see one.

Edit I just looked up the Magnum hood OP was referring to, that would look tight on our cars!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There was a member selling one of these for the chargers a few month back, it was orange, and the hood was fiberglass. Looks good but you would have to block off those vents somehow to keep it on your car all year round. Seems like alot of work, but deffinately a sick hood!

·
Registered
216 Posts
MJCOR, yes multiple people have those rims. They're commonly referred to as Viper Replicas from Factory Reproductions as you said. They're made for Magnums, chargers, and 300s so yes they will fit. I'm not sure about the 22" staggered but 20x9 all around or 20x9 and 20x10 will fit from what I've read

·
Registered
208 Posts
That actually looks pretty cool. Doesn't fit in with my retro style, but for a modern look, I like it!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I would sale my hood to buy one of those if they were available...that sh*t is tight!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just don't use the ones they show on that site...they look cheesy. You know, I may be dating myself here, but that Viper hood reminds me of that movie Corvette Summer. Anyone remember it? lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just don't use the ones they show on that site...they look cheesy. You know, I may be dating myself here, but that Viper hood reminds me of that movie Corvette Summer. Anyone remember it? lol
which brand do you recommend?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That hood would be sick bro! And those wheels would fit the charger in 22's even 24's but they don't come in 24's but they could.

·
Registered
331 Posts
the street scene hood has the slots in the side of them, and i think a functional scoop too, but i heard they stopped making them.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I remember that movie....Luke really went to the dark side for that cinema trash!

Anywho,....I LOVE the mock up of the SRT 10 hood. I'd buy one in a second, since my car only comes out of the garage on nice days, anyway. Somebody needs to make these!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the street scene hood has the slots in the side of them, and i think a functional scoop too, but i heard they stopped making them.
They do still have the hood. I like it but it'd still want deeper and bigger slots. Thanks for the heads up tho!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts