Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the interstate on the way to work the other morning. It's the normal stop and go area and I'm in the left lane because it usually moves the fastest. I notice a nice new Mustang about 3 cars ahead in my lane and go back to thinking about... hell, I can't remember.

Anyway, the Mustang gets over in the middle lane which is like a parking lot. As I pass, I see the snake and GT500 written all over the place as well as a lady driving. As I go by, I'm thinking- you won't get me this traffic. Just then she whips back over behind me probably pissing off the driver already following me in the process.

Now I'm feeling like I was set up. I already know that most of the conjestion ends after the next exit and it's just going to be me and her with a 1/4 mile of open highway before I get to exit. I don't see anyway to avoid whatever she plans to dish out, so when the traffic clears, instead of making a quick dash for my exit, I change to the middle lane and continue my 30mph roll.

She jumped up beside me and slowed to my pace. I was anticipating this and was already on the gas. Must have caught her foot still on the brake because I was able to get a couple of lengths before I heard the noise and new what was coming. At this point, I'm up to about 75 or 80 and she screams by. Pretty impressive to watch as I backed off and got over and take my exit.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Very Good story! I am happy to hear a chick driving a muscle car and playing with it...even if it is a Stang!

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Nice story, Jim. Thanks for sharing.:TU:

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very Good story! I am happy to hear a chick driving a muscle car and playing with it...even if it is a Stang!
yeah, I wasnt really expecting her to want to play. Reminds me of something that happened almost 25 years ago, in fact. I was in my cuda(383, headers, cam etc) and pulled up at a light next to a stock 71 Charger with 400 Magnum emblems on the hood. An older lady was driving it(Edna according to the tag) with a bee-hive hairdo and horned rimmed glasses. I revved the engine at her a few times. She never looked over but when the light turned green, she was wide open. So was my mouth as I continued sitting there.

It was a fun week of commuting for sure.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
That was pretty good! Thanks for that

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got more of a laugh out of the Edna story than the first one...LOL!

Gotta love it, regardless!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Great story. There are a few of us willing to give it some gas. I have had a few instances where kids are gawking and kind of snickering. After I pounce they usually hang way back.

Reactions: mayer69XS29L

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'll romp on it with anyone who wants to play, as long as we're not gonna have a slalom course to go through...lol.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I am now in love with "Edna".

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great story. There are a few of us willing to give it some gas. I have had a few instances where kids are gawking and kind of snickering. After I pounce they usually hang way back.

I'm sure there are more than many of us would guess. They are just harder to spot because most don't "spread their feathers" like the guys.
No taunting or BS but when the light turns green, you better be ready.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got more of a laugh out of the Edna story than the first one...LOL!

Gotta love it, regardless!

Nice story, I like it!!!
The Edna story was great, but so was the first one as well. Thanks for the chuckle this morning!
I am now in love with "Edna".
Thanks back to you guys for reviving some of those long lost brain cells. I unexpectedly found she still has a place in my heart as well.

Yeah...that one would be a cool commercial.
I can picture it- starts off with a little old lady teaching her kindergarten class. On her ride home, she is schooling the older kids.

·
Registered
768 Posts
We have GT500 all over around here.I had one following me one day.I knew I didnt stand a chance so I just minded my own beezwax,well I knew there was one last light till my strech home.Light turns red and he is right next to me,I knew he was going to smoke my ass,but I gave her all she had.Well before I could get the pedel all the way down he was gone.I still had fun.lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Man you can romp all you want,not going to happen that GT 500 is a monster. Your bee is an awesome ride, but no match for the 500.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Great story, too bad she was cutting people off lick a typical stang driver.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great stories. Go Edna, you are my hero!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts