Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just thought I’d share a bit of great news with the group. I own a 2007 Charger with the 5.7l. I had to replace the engine due to it throwing a rod at 191K. I replace the engine w/ a new one from the dealership and had the transmission rebuilt. While driving the car, it would stall out every time I came to a stop light or would let it sit running too long while waiting to pick up my kid from school. I was troubleshooting this issue with new fuel filters, Evap canister, O2 sensors, you name it and it was replaced. Nothing was working until I read one post about cleaning the throttle body. I took it a step further and bought a new throttle body, a mass airflow sensor, and MAP sensor. I replaced all the above and now it runs like a new car! If you’re beating yourself up like I was, hopefully this helps you out! Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. Only confusing part in your post is the mass airflow sensor. The 5.7L Hemi has a MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) but no MAF sensor (mass airflow). The Hellcat engine used a MAF for 2015/2016 but started using the Speed Density system in 2017. All the other Dodge Hemi engines also use Speed Density (IAT - intake air temp, MAP, etc...)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8B9485A9-8B0A-45A8-92A8-5B3CC5EBC4CA.jpeg
Glad you got it fixed. Only confusing part in your post is the mass airflow sensor. The 5.7L Hemi has a MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) but no MAF sensor (mass airflow). The Hellcat engine used a MAF for 2015/2016 but started using the Speed Density system in 2017. All the other Dodge Hemi engines also use Speed Density (IAT - intake air temp, MAP, etc...)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ladies and Gents, sorry but I was wrong! Do not rush out to buy these parts just yet. Still troubleshooting the issue. I just replaced the Fuel injectors but the problem is still happening. Next thing to replace will be the PCM. Will update when I get something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I replaced the PCM and found it was part of the problem. The other part (so far) was the torque converter. I will get more out next Summer as the temps are cooling off out here and it wasn’t an issue unless it was above 95 degrees out. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I replaced the PCM and found it was part of the problem. The other part (so far) was the torque converter. I will get more out next Summer as the temps are cooling off out here and it wasn’t an issue unless it was above 95 degrees out. Stay tuned!
Folks, the problem has now been resolved and it was insanely ridiculous as to what was causing the problem. Of all the replacing and trial and error, it turns out it was the fuses that needed to be changed out (the black cubes in the trunk fuse box)! I was able to speak at length with our master mechanic at my former job and he explained that inside of the fuses there are connectors that toggle internally when the cpu tells it to. Internally, these fuses build up carbon on the connectors and tend to not produce the charge needed to make the car function properly, CAUSING STALL OUTS. I replaced all the black cubes and black rectangle fuses in the box and now it runs great, no stalling! I would strongly advise trying this approach versus the replacements I made throughout the last two plus years! Thank you for reading!
Miguel Lopez

1 - 10 of 10 Posts