Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Scatpack with 3000 miles on it. Last Friday I took the car out to go to the store and got a TPMS message that the right front tire pressure was 22 psi. I turned around went home and inflated that tire to 40 psi and checked the other tires. Sat morning I took the car to a shop to have the slow leak fixed, tire pressure in the right front was down to 23psi. Thought I picked up a nail or screw. Well the tech took me out and showed me the proble which was the wheel was cracked on the inner side up by the bead so bad you could put a fingernail into it woth the tire broken down.

Has anyone else had issues of cracking with the stock Scatpack 20” rims? The shop said these rims are very fragile. I did not hit a curb or pothole in the last six months that I remember.

Since I called the Dealer Parts and the rim costs $639 without tax I decided to put on two after market wheels. These look stronger than the stock rims.

There was a shop that might have been able to repair the wheel for $175 but I was woried the rim could be defective and might just crack again in the future. Rather than throw good money sfter bad I ordered two new 20” rims and installed price with new lugs, new TPMS, monted and balanced is $525 including tax.

Like to hear if others have had wheel problems.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Was it the noise wheels or the WRT wheels?

I haven't heard of any of the factory wheels being fragile

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would at least talk to the dealer about seeing if it could be covered under your 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments. I will take the cracked rim to the Dealer and see if it is covered. I wonder if I can go to the local Dealer as the one I purchased the car from is 35 miles away?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts