Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Charger has just about 12,200 miles on the odometer and I’m already needing new tires. It came with the Firestone Firehawk GT. Checked on TireRack and each is going for $218 (245/45R20).

I’ll be honest, when I first got my Charger in May of last year, I was doing all sorts of nonsense on it such a as donuts and burnouts. So I can see where I had something to do with the wear on it, but for them to already need replacement, I couldn’t believe it. I’d say I have about another 5k miles left on them.

Since having the car I’ve done 2 oil changes and rotated the tires at the same time as stated on the manual.

How long have your tires lasted on your Charger? Looking to get an idea or average of what they should last. Granted every tire is different and of course every driver is different too.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My tires aren't worn out yet but I swapped the Goodyear RSA's out for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on the same day I picked my car up from the dealer and now have 6k on them and have only worn 2/32 . I like to test my STP package in the corners regularly and push the car pretty hard to the point of drifting a bit thru the corners at times. other than a bunch of launch squawks I don't do burnouts. IMO... if you're gonna do burnouts and donuts buy the cheapest tire you can.
I don't think very many will report decent mileage out of OE tires because most are Goodyear or Firestone and neither brand excels in high mile wear.. Goodyear hasn't made a decent tire in at least 20 years..one man's opinion...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Way to go Yellowjacket. Smokemachine!!!!!!!!

I have the factory GY Eagle RS-A2 tires in 245/45-20 on my 17 Scat. I'm at 27k miles and I'm not to the wearbars yet. I missed my last rotation and tires are in same spot for about 10k. I don't do standing burnouts but I have gunned it a few times from a standstill. I'll make 30k easy. Probably 36k before I need to replace.
If you haven't got the hoonigan out of you yet, folks say the Atturo tire is a decent low cost option. If you want a decent treadlife, it's best to stick with some sort of all season tire, ultra high performance AS if need be. I'm in South Carolina and will probably switch from the factory all season tire to a summer tire since I can get away with it here.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....toModel=Charger+RWD&autoModClar=R/T+Scat+Pack

·
Registered
781 Posts
My Charger has just about 12,200 miles on the odometer and I’m already needing new tires. It came with the Firestone Firehawk GT. Checked on TireRack and each is going for $218 (245/45R20).

I’ll be honest, when I first got my Charger in May of last year, I was doing all sorts of nonsense on it such a as donuts and burnouts. So I can see where I had something to do with the wear on it, but for them to already need replacement, I couldn’t believe it. I’d say I have about another 5k miles left on them.

Since having the car I’ve done 2 oil changes and rotated the tires at the same time as stated on the manual.

How long have your tires lasted on your Charger? Looking to get an idea or average of what they should last. Granted every tire is different and of course every driver is different too.

Thanks guys.[/ Check Discount Tire Direct. 800-707-8473. Talk to Danny at ext. 51854 and tell him I sent you. I've been dealing with him for almost 10 years. I'd look at the Cooper Zeon RS3-A in 245/45/20. I just ordered a set from him 3 days ago to replace my Firehawks (13,000 miles)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am with sc Charger o. The GoodYear. Eagles In this case but GoodYears in general.

I have had them as both OEM, spares and as replacements but not long life. The last set was Eagle F1 (summer only). I got 25K out of them which isn’t too bad considering I used them in TX and year round. They were basically given to me by my buddy for $300....( paid for shipping only).... I got 25K and just shy of two years until cord started showing.....Cord showing is at least TX safety inspection and probably others is AUTOMATIC fail. That’s why it is the first item checked to avoid tying up the lift for a auto fail.

GY’s are not very good especially on a mid-high level performance sedan. Traction yes, handling yes......overall long term durability.....NO!!

With my scenario the NTB manager allowed me to put on my 10K miles OEM Michelin Primacy MXM4’s.......the GY had aftermarket rims so installing the OEMs were easy, just swap and reflash the TPMS computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts