Dodge Charger Forum banner

Straight pipe question for 2021 rt charger

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  baabootoo 
#1 ·
So if I know feeling the resonators on the newer charger by themselves doesn’t do much but if I delete the mid mufflers and then delete the resonators, the resonators provide any actual sound besides drone? So what I’m saying is will the resonator delete added on top of the pre existing mid muffler delete make the sound better? Thanks for all help

#3 ·
Could never understand why someone would want to destroy the new exhaust system that comes with the newer V8 chargers. However, with that said, the resonators are there to keep the drone down. If you like constant drone at certain rpms then delete the resonators. It can get pretty obnoxious inside the car. Be careful that you do not delete the exhaust valves when deleting both mids and resonators. I believe you will get codes in in evic if those are deleted. Not sure.

Why not just slap on a set of longtubes with the mid muffler delete. Add a few hp. Or replace the factory cats with high flow cats along with mid muffler delete. Both of these options will increase the sound but will minimize the drone IMO.

#4 ·
Could never understand why someone would want to destroy the new exhaust system that comes with the newer V8 chargers.
Swapping in an aftermarket exhaust and sticking the complete OEM system in the basement is one thing, but the idea of hacking up the all-stainless, mandrel bent factory exhaust just to put in crush-bent, mild steel garbage on a brand new Charger seems like a crime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.