Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask a question, for all who have a front strut tower brace. What manufacturer and how many mount points are you using? Also is it flat or round/tube construction? I have had one on a previous vehicle, they seem to help with body roll.

Thank you all in advance,
Michael
2020 Scat-pack wide body

·
Registered
280 Posts
No, they don't help with body roll. That would be a sway bar. Braces help with body stiffness and help stabilize the suspension. But no, I haven't felt the need.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had mine installed at the dealership before I even picked the car up. I also have the one in the trunk as well. I think they are worth it as long as you buy a quality one not one for $5 from eBay
Hood Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392. Ray Barton forged 392, tvs2300, aluminum ds, to much to list
48 Posts
I have a Petty brace. Dont think it does a damn thing except look cool
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
B/W 2018 Charger R/T (aka 'Domino')
30 Posts
BMR dual tube brace.. Totally noticed a stiffer turn after putting it on.. first brace ever, and I will always have one going forward..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Biggest impact on handling was Eibach springs and SPC upper control arms.

·
Registered
B/W 2018 Charger R/T (aka 'Domino')
30 Posts
Wonder if you put the one in the trunk you would notice a difference. I can't say because I've had mine in my car since day 1
might try that... but i got a big ole speaker box in the way... 😁 (y)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Unless you drive it hard enough at a track to make the front end flex, it's overkill. "IF" these cars needed it that bad, the factory would have put one on. I put this in the same class as the catch can; cool to look at but not really needed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unless you drive it hard enough at a track to make the front end flex, it's overkill. "IF" these cars needed it that bad, the factory would have put one on. I put this in the same class as the catch can; cool to look at but not really needed.
If your not running a supercharger or turbo's your right, don't need a catch can on a 392. Not direct injection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts