Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So dealership gave me a call and the strut braces came in as well as the wrong CAI so at least i got the right braces.
Install for the engine bay was very simple 6 bolts and a option to mount an additional two to the cross beam.

The trunk though was a pain to install. Had to cut into both side panels and the floor panel. But it's done

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello all,
So dealership gave me a call and the strut braces came in as well as the wrong CAI so at least i got the right braces.
Install for the engine bay was very simple 6 bolts and a option to mount an additional two to the cross beam.

The trunk though was a pain to install. Had to cut into both side panels and the floor panel. But it's done
Looks good and looks like you did a good job, I know when I installed my trunk brace it took a while due to having to cut the trunk liner. I checked everything 3-4 times before cutting and then made sure it was a invisible as possible. That was the hardest part of the install for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good and looks like you did a good job, I know when I installed my trunk brace it took a while due to having to cut the trunk liner. I checked everything 3-4 times before cutting and then made sure it was a invisible as possible. That was the hardest part of the install for me.
It just sucks that if we want that trunk space back well have 2 open holes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It just sucks that if we want that trunk space back well have 2 open holes.
Yes, at time I miss the trunk space but it's not a big a deal normally for me. In your picture I can't tell very much about the material surrounding your rear bars. As for the holes, on mind I use some Velcro that matched the truck liner and made a customer cover so it doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
These are, in my opinion, hands down the best looking ones for our car! nice and beefy looking, but not too flashy. the rear one is badass to on I wish I didn't need the trunk space for strollers lol.

Nice work!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The engine bay is looking g good!

Reactions: Mechanicus

·
Registered
243 Posts
nice! I have my front and rear razors edge strut tower braces from my last charger that will fit the same. im waiting to get them color matched first before installing them. how does the mopar ones feel?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
To be honest, I don't feel the huge difference everyone is talking about. Still skipping the back tires in really tight turns.
I always thought the same thing to be honest. some people swear they feel a difference. sway bars, now that will definitely have a different feeling. not that the strut bars aren't functional, you're still bracing and stiffening the chassis, I just don't think it's a "seat of your pants" feeling.

·
Registered
243 Posts
To be honest, I don't feel the huge difference everyone is talking about. Still skipping the back tires in really tight turns.
for my last charger i used a road as a base line. a very curvy hilly road. to me it felt more planted less body roll. this was on an AWD R/T however and i did 3 big things at once, BCracing coilovers (lowered a 1-1.5"), pursuit pkg sway bars, and front and rear strut tower braces. so it was probably a combination of all three things that really made it a noticeable difference.

Reactions: B4TD4D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
for my last charger i used a road as a base line. a very curvy hilly road. to me it felt more planted less body roll. this was on an AWD R/T however and i did 3 big things at once, BCracing coilovers (lowered a 1-1.5"), pursuit pkg sway bars, and front and rear strut tower braces. so it was probably a combination of all three things that really made it a noticeable difference.
How does they new Daytona stock suspension feel compared to your old set up, which was definitely nice

Reactions: hylander6361

·
Registered
243 Posts
How does they new Daytona stock suspension feel compared to your old set up, which was definitely nice
definitely an improvement, its already about the same height of my last charger, with bilstein shocks, the biggest thing i think is the bigger wheels and tires. pretty limited for the AWD i think i had 255/45/20 on a 8.5" wheel, where as now i have 275/40/20 on a 9.5" wheel. i feel like im where i left off basically. we'll see how it feels when i do my braces myself and maybe sway bars in the future

Reactions: B4TD4D

·
Registered
243 Posts
sway bars are on my list of mods but I don't really want to play mopars price for them.
luckily for me the pursuit police package ones are no more expensive then OEM replacements and since they were also awd they fit they were big too... i think it was like 35mm front 22 rear? dont quote me on that... which is the biggest issue since AWD fucked up alot of options for lowering, wheels, and sway bars.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hello all,

Question for you, I'm looking at my engine bay and there looks like 4 pre-drilled holes in the brace above the engine. Am I correct in assuming that the inner two were used for the Mopar strut brace? I'd like to look into getting this but didn't want to do any drilling at all - if it's already pre-drilled that would be awesome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question for you, I'm looking at my engine bay and there looks like 4 pre-drilled holes in the brace above the engine. Am I correct in assuming that the inner two were used for the Mopar strut brace? I'd like to look into getting this but didn't want to do any drilling at all - if it's already pre-drilled that would be awesome.
Unfortunately the holes did not line up. In the instructions that came with the brace said it is an option to drill holes for the two bolts but you don't have to install them. which is why I haven't done it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Unfortunately the holes did not line up. In the instructions that came with the brace said it is an option to drill holes for the two bolts but you don't have to install them. which is why I haven't done it.
Darn, was hoping it would fit. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did drilled the 2 holes and bolted mind to the factory brace (Just had to buy a long enough drill bit to drill the holes). With the front and rear installed the ride is a more taunt and seems to be more solid as well as a little stiffer ride. I was happy with the result but I don't run on any track so I can say how much real difference they may make.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts