Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 11 R/T a few months ago, is there a way to tell if it came with the stp option?

when i had it to the dealership for some outstanding recalls after i bought it ( alternator, passenger airbag) i asked if i could get a build sheet, but i was told no for some reason and the guy was reluctant just to tell me that it came with the road and track package, it does have the chrome clad 20;s, the only thing it doesn't have is the adaptive cruise and the blind spot and rear park sense, but does have the back up camera.

i know the stp have a different steering and shock calibration but i have not driven a regular r/t to know the difference, and the goodyear summers would have been changed a long time ago

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
STP comes with performance brakes. Give the parts guy your VIN and check and see what part number brake pads your car requires. I think he can tell you if they are special “police” duty pads or standard R/T pads. One thing for sure is they are a lot more expensive than regular pads. I believe the only thing different on the steering is apparently a specially reinforced mount for the power steering box making it less prone to flexing under more extreme driving?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Go to the following website & get the Equipment Listing for your car. It will indicate if the car has the STP option installed from the factory. If the website gives a message of "VIN not found", enter the VIN using all CAPs.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

I assume STP for 2011 is the same as for 2012.

Super Track Pak
P245/45ZR20 BSW performance tires
3-Mode ESC (electronic stability control)
4-wheel antilock disc HD brakes [ different pads; same calipers and rotors as on all R/Ts ]
Performance steering [ different steering rack ]
Sport suspension [ 30mm front sway vs 27mm; 20mm rear sway vs 16mm ]

Reactions: Giggy and RobBrady

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Correct ... looks like Super Track Pack is not on the Build Sheet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, but I do have the three stage traction control I believe and I don't think I have the load leveling rear shocks either so maybe I do, If someone that for sure has the stp has a build sheet I would like to compare

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The Road & Track Performance Group (Customer Preferred Package 29R) gives you the features on your Build Sheet.

29R Charger R/T Road & Track - includes:
High-speed engine controller, 3.06 rear axle ratio, customer-selectable sport mode, steering wheel- mounted paddle shifters, ventilated front seats, driver/front passenger 4-way lumbar adjust, power front seats, heated rear seats, power tilt & telescope steering column, power-adjustable pedals with memory, memory for radio, driver seat, and mirrors, 180-amp alternator, security alarm, 20" x 8.0" chrome-clad wheels with 245/45R20 all-season performance tires, rear body-color spoiler, black grille with black honeycomb insert, "Heritage R/T" badge, power heated memory mirrors with manual fold-away, auto-adjust in reverse mirrors, driver's auto-dimming outside mirror, heated exterior mirrors, heated & cooled front console cup holders, driver & front passenger lower LED lamps, front overhead LED lighting, sport leather seats with suede inserts

But Super Track Pak, 3-mode ESC, Performance Steering, Sport Suspension, and Delete Load Leveling & Height Ctrl are not listed on your Build Sheet. The "Delete Load Leveling" deletes the Nivomats & installs conventional performance shocks (usually Sachs). However, a previous owner may have replaced the Nivomats that were installed at the factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Road & Track Performance Group (Customer Preferred Package 29R) gives you the features on your Build Sheet.

29R Charger R/T Road & Track - includes:
High-speed engine controller, 3.06 rear axle ratio, customer-selectable sport mode, steering wheel- mounted paddle shifters, ventilated front seats, driver/front passenger 4-way lumbar adjust, power front seats, heated rear seats, power tilt & telescope steering column, power-adjustable pedals with memory, memory for radio, driver seat, and mirrors, 180-amp alternator, security alarm, 20" x 8.0" chrome-clad wheels with 245/45R20 all-season performance tires, rear body-color spoiler, black grille with black honeycomb insert, "Heritage R/T" badge, power heated memory mirrors with manual fold-away, auto-adjust in reverse mirrors, driver's auto-dimming outside mirror, heated exterior mirrors, heated & cooled front console cup holders, driver & front passenger lower LED lamps, front overhead LED lighting, sport leather seats with suede inserts

But Super Track Pak, 3-mode ESC, Performance Steering, Sport Suspension, and Delete Load Leveling & Height Ctrl are not listed on your Build Sheet. The "Delete Load Leveling" deletes the Nivomats & installs conventional performance shocks (usually Sachs). However, a previous owner may have replaced the Nivomats that were installed at the factory.
That one one must be for 12+, 11 did not come with sport mode or paddle shifters , but you may be right, I'm a little disappointed if it doesn't, really the only big thing is that they changed the seats in 11 and they did not come with the srt seats, that is the real shame lol

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The SRT was not available in 2011. Therefore the SRT features available as options on the 2012 R/T were not available on the 2011 R/T.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to the following website & get the Equipment Listing for your car. It will indicate if the car has the STP option installed from the factory. If the website gives a message of "VIN not found", enter the VIN using all CAPs.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

I assume STP for 2011 is the same as for 2012.

Super Track Pak
P245/45ZR20 BSW performance tires
3-Mode ESC (electronic stability control)
4-wheel antilock disc HD brakes [ different pads; same calipers and rotors as on all R/Ts ]
Performance steering [ different steering rack ]
Sport suspension [ 30mm front sway vs 27mm; 20mm rear sway vs 16mm ]
Thanks for the link. I was able to look up my car to check the options! Was told by one dealer parts guy mine was not a Mopar 11. I now know he was crazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts