Dodge Charger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
National Speed had closed down for a week or so. But they called yesterday, and I now have a firm date to start the install. May 7.

I’m actually surprised, and pleased they’re still in business. For their sake and mine. I hate the thought of all those folks being out of work. Plus I didn’t want to have to go through the pain of trying to get my deposit back.

So it‘s looking like I’ll have that supercharger after all. With the state of things right now, I definitely need some more fun in my life. I expect that this will help.

Plus, traffic’s down and gas is cheap.

·
Registered
677 Posts
National Speed had closed down for a week or so. But they called yesterday, and I now have a firm date to start the install. May 7.
So many of us with the AWD Hemis have thought about getting a Supercharger. I'm looking forward to the "after" posts and to living vicariously! Lol

Reactions: MtnRT

·
Registered
45 Posts
So many of us with the AWD Hemis have thought about getting a Supercharger. I'm looking forward to the "after" posts and to living vicariously! Lol
He'll be wanting an LSD and be shopping for tires soon. The instant torque with the AWD traction is a blast.

Working on these Hemi cars every day, it always amazes me the number of posts I see from people wanting to play RWD with their AWD. I have a forged 392 in my AWD 2014 making right at 500whp/500tq and the car is 1000x more fun in AWD. If it's cold out and I have the tires at 30+ PSI I can do a 4 wheel tire roast into 3rd gear. Still will do a 1.9 60 foot roasting em. Not neck snapping, but fun to be able to do on an all season.

·
Registered
677 Posts
He'll be wanting an LSD and be shopping for tires soon. The instant torque with the AWD traction is a blast.

Working on these Hemi cars every day, it always amazes me the number of posts I see from people wanting to play RWD with their AWD.
I'm with you on that! I respect everyone's preferences for their cars, but I'll never understand forcing an AWD Hemi into RWD. I guess for burnouts, which I never cared for? I love putting power down to all four tires, and launching strong while others spin. But to each, their own.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
We want the before and after dyno graphs!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm with you on that! I respect everyone's preferences for their cars, but I'll never understand forcing an AWD Hemi into RWD. I guess for burnouts, which I never cared for? I love putting power down to all four tires, and launching strong while others spin. But to each, their own.
I've used the line lock/ burnout mode on the Tazer to fool some people, it is fun. Local no prep races, nobody ever has the slightest suspicion that it's AWD when I do a burnout before every pass. They think I just have some sort of suspension/tire pressure wizardry, lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally. I dropped my ride off at the shop yesterday afternoon. They’ll do the baseline dyno pull this morning, then get to work on the SC install. It will be finished early next week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Finally. I dropped my ride off at the shop yesterday afternoon. They’ll do the baseline dyno pull this morning, then get to work on the SC install. It will be finished early next week.
Ever race the car? I'm guessing you're in Va since you took the car to National Speed. Would be fun to see at the no prep races in thornburg when all this virus stuff is over with.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ever race the car? I'm guessing you're in Va since you took the car to National Speed. Would be fun to see at the no prep races in thornburg when all this virus stuff is over with.
Yes, I live about an hour south of National Speed. I haven't done any racing for years, and not sure if I will after the install, or not. It's my weekend driver, and I plan to have it for long time, so any racing will have to be limited. No doubt it would be fun, though.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thanks, that's typical for stock a little on the upper end of typical. I missed what blower you are getting?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
sweet. what boost psi?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not sure yet. I just got the graph, and I expect a follow up email sometime this afternoon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Still don't know how much boost they added (the tuning tech is off today) but I'm picking up the car at 11 this morning.
Yee haw!

·
Registered
45 Posts
And here are the results:

View attachment 120667
A bit more than I expected. Looks like it ought to have some grunt at lower rpms.
Is there a reason they cut it out so early? Any 5.7 customer at my shop that gets a blower/cam/intake or any upgrade that benefits 5500+ RPM I strongly recommend bumping shift points up. You're giving up a ton of power under the curve by not revving that thing. Minimal TCM tuning for a huge gain in powerband.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No one has mentioned RIPP?
RIPP is good people, make quality stuff. I've used their kits on a ton of mopars, but mostly on the pentastars. Not that they are bad products, but for the v8 stuff the whipple/KB/vortech/Procharger options just seem to be the best options. I used to love the KB stuff but the whipples have come a long way and KB is less impressive to me these days. Probably still sound he best though. lol.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts