Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The first 30 seconds driving the car (no noise after 30 seconds), I can hear a light knock at the passenger side front area. I lifted up the car. Both front wheels are tight. Nothing loose. Tried to wiggle the tire left to right and up and down. Nothing seems loose. Tie rods are tight and other suspension components seems tight. Could it be wheel bearing even tho I can't feel it on the wheel?

2016 RT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the same issue. Can't for the life of me find it!! Had it up on a lift yesterday and went over everything, nothing seems loose at all.
Is it just when you first drive it? I find it weird. I'm doing brakes and tune up tomorrow. I can dig deeper when I do the brakes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any resolution to this? I have a knock or a pop, every morning, within the first 50ft of driving. I originally had the problem back around 2017/18. Dodge said the rear axle boot was torn and dirt was getting in. They replaced the axle under warranty, and the noise stopped. Now I've got it again! Dodge could not find the problem this time, but replaced the rear axle again, since it seemed to fix the original issue. No luck, noise is still there. Only once, cold start, within 50ft, knock...and I don't hear it the rest of the day. Wtf!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
First off, you will NEVER be able to duplicate thousands of pounds of force with your arms! :) Take a drive with a passenger, and have them hang their head out the window to isolate what area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealership said it was my front passenger strut bearings. Parts wont be here till mid march. Ill check back in and let you guys know if this solves the knocking.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Well, that would do it. I had some rear shock bolts a little loose, and it knocked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts