Dodge Charger Forum banner

Swapping wheels

16K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  legero66 
#1 · (Edited)
hello from Nova Scotia everyone ,i'm trying to find out if 18"factory wheels from a 2013 Dodge Challenger will work on my 2012 Charger that has 18 "? Any help would be great ,thank you in advance

#2 ·
I'm sure someone will move this over to the suspension/wheels or another subforum, but to answer your question, OEM wheels 18"+ from RWD Chargers should swap from any model year Charger to another. '06 to '15 should all accept stock 18"-20" wheels without issue.
Exceptions:
AWD to RWD and vice versa - Wheel offset is different... RWD wheels have a lower positive offset, meaning that if they are put on an AWD car, they will stick out from the fenders. Opposite goes for AWD rims on RWD car - will be tucked further in toward the body, may not clear the suspension.
17" wheels - Available on some early model year Chargers, may not fit around brakes on SXT, R/T, SRT, etc, or 2011+ model year cars.

So, 18" - 20" stock wheels should fit on any model year Charger with zero issues, assuming they are AWD rims for an AWD car or RWD rims for a RWD car.

SRT wheel offsets may vary SLIGHTLY compared to SE, SXT, R/T models, but not enough to make much of a difference.

#3 ·
Welcome to the Z from the ATL!!!

#5 ·
Yes, they will fit. I'm pretty sure the AWD cars all had 19" wheels, so I'm assuming your car is RWD.

With that being the case, the 18" wheels from a Challenger will fit your Charger.

#6 ·
My '08 SXT AWD had 18" stock wheels... or at least that's what came on it when I bought it. The 2011-14 AWDs came stock with 19s. Not sure about the 2015s.

#7 ·
SRT wheel offsets may vary SLIGHTLY compared to SE, SXT, R/T models, but not enough to make much of a difference.
All OEM SRT wheels up until the 2015MY were 20x9" with a 25.5mm offset. These will require a 3mm spacer (front only) when fitting to a RWD R/T, SXT, or SE.

#11 ·
ok now i have people telling me that Challenger wheels wont work on my Charger because one is 5x115 and one is 5x114.3
People telling you that are absolutely incorrect. :4-looney:

Both Challenger and Charger wheels are 5x115. As dperk pointed out to you earlier, Charger and Challenger wheels are essentially interchangeable except between AWD and RWD.

#13 ·
Unfriend people who say that Challenger's have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, lol. Will 5x114.3 fit on the car? Yes. Is that what they come with? No.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.