Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard once you put synthetic oil in your car you cannot switch back to non synthetic, is this true?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
897 Posts
i dont know why that would be the case, i also dont know why youd switch back ha

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It is definitely not true. You can change back but you are better off with the Synthetic over the Dino oil. Most but not all tend to go with Royal Purple. There are other brands that are well though of. I myself use RP.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have heard once you put synthetic oil in your car you cannot switch back to non synthetic, is this true?:4-dontknow:
Myth - Once you start using synthetic motor oil you cannot go back to conventional oil.
Synthetic and conventional engine oils can't be mixed, or else they react and cause engine problems.
Fact: As long as the synthetic motor oil product and conventional motor oil product meet the viscosity and performance requirements outlined in the vehicle’s owner’s manual, you may interchange them with each other.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
What? No way boss, they should be good to go. However, once you go synthetic, you might not want to go back simply based on "better engine performance"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info, didnt plan on switch'n back, just wanted to know if this was true or not, for argument sake.lol I have a buddy that says you cant switch back once you go synthetic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In addition to the "do not mix" philosophy... it is often good to pour a small amount through to "flush" any conventional oil out when switching to a synthetic

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mobile one is good enough for Nascar it is good enough for me
NASCAR may advertise it but they don't use it and you would not want to put it into a race motor. Pure racing oil is for that purpose only, not for use in a street motor and vice versa. :TU:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts