Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wonderful peeps. I decided to upgraded my 2018 Charger R/T factory system (Alpine) to an aftermarket one... (JBL Club 9630 for the doors and rear, 5000.1 and 900.4 - both are RE Audio, and 2 12in RE Audio SXX subs, second battery and Amp Pro AP4-CH41), during the install my friend and self ran into some trouble with running wire for the front doors and here is where my 1st question comes in, How or what is the best way to run new wiring for those speakers (front doors). The next issue we ran into was after the install and during the perceived tuning phase we found that there was NO boom coming from the subs, but the amp for them (the 5000.1) was in fact powered on (green light) and not having any issues (no red protect light). Naturally we started to do some more research which lead us to look for the factory amp (thinking we may be able to tap into or bypass it) and now on to my third question... after getting into the knee bolster panel, I do not think I was seeing an amp, or maybe I was overlooking it, can I get some type of confirmation on the actual location of it once I'm in that area.

I know that might have seemed like a lot in a short form, but trying to get all the info out for better help.

Any insight, recommendation, or help will be a great help.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I havent done this install yet, but I plan on doing it soon.

I saw a guy do an install going to the stock speakers, and what he did was use another 2 way harness, and wired the door speakers to the wires near the radio, so he didnt have to wire through the doors. I dont like going to smaller wires, but it will be much neater than trying to shove wires in the holes where the stock wires are.

As far as the amp, that might be the way you wired the AMPpac pro, or...
I was told by an installer that the uconnect radios have a habit of phase shifting random channels. So this is a problem for the sub. If you have two subs wired in stereo, the phase shift could make them cancel each other out. To remedy this, you need a DSP module patched between the AMPpac and the amps. The DSP corrects the phase shifts instantaneously. Dayton makes a good one that I saw on Amazon.

What you could do in the meantime is to pull one channel wire to the bass amp and see if that fixes it.

I dont know if this whole thing is true, but then again, I cant find much on how to wire aftermarket amps and speakers to Uconnect units.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. So I went back and double checked the sub wiring... I'm embarrassed to that I had the - and + connected wrong.

I'm going to look into a 2 way and see what that does.

Again thank u
I havent done this install yet, but I plan on doing it soon.

I saw a guy do an install going to the stock speakers, and what he did was use another 2 way harness, and wired the door speakers to the wires near the radio, so he didnt have to wire through the doors. I dont like going to smaller wires, but it will be much neater than trying to shove wires in the holes where the stock wires are.

As far as the amp, that might be the way you wired the AMPpac pro, or...
I was told by an installer that the uconnect radios have a habit of phase shifting random channels. So this is a problem for the sub. If you have two subs wired in stereo, the phase shift could make them cancel each other out. To remedy this, you need a DSP module patched between the AMPpac and the amps. The DSP corrects the phase shifts instantaneously. Dayton makes a good one that I saw on Amazon.

What you could do in the meantime is to pull one channel wire to the bass amp and see if that fixes it.

I dont know if this whole thing is true, but then again, I cant find much on how to wire aftermarket amps and speakers to Uconnect units.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Thank you. So I went back and double checked the sub wiring... I'm embarrassed to that I had the - and + connected wrong.

I'm going to look into a 2 way and see what that does.

Again thank u
Check the polarity of the rest of your speakers, you can lose mid bass in those the same way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts