Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right tail light is the only one that turns on other than the reverse lights. They just all of a sudden stopped working. I checked both fuses in the trunk and they’re not blown.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Could be wiring harness/connector problem (open circuit or ground). The BCM (body control module) controls the exterior lighting. Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see if any codes are logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes) because the codes for exterior lighting circuits are Bxxxx body codes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be wiring harness/connector problem (open circuit or ground). The BCM (body control module) controls the exterior lighting. Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see if any codes are logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes) because the codes for exterior lighting circuits are Bxxxx body codes.
I just checked and there aren’t any codes

·
Registered
534 Posts
You might want to pick up a cheap ELM327-compatible Bluetooth OBD adapter and an advanced scantool app like AlfaOBD. It can read all codes, plus you can test all of your lamps.

If you own a '14 Charger, it would come in handy for plenty of other things as well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is what I got B16E7 B16D7 B16AF
Those are license plate lamp, left tail lamp, and left brake lamp control circuit low warnings. Possibly bulbs are out, or wiring is damaged.

What happens when you test those lamps with AlfaOBD?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts